Options

LR smugmug plugin now requires UAC ??

piercepierce Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited April 8, 2016 in SmugMug Support
each time I launch LR now, and if I restart the Smugmug plugin in LR, its asking for UAC (blank screen and approve admin privs). I don't remember it ever doing that before, and I'm not sure when it started, it may have been when I upgraded from LR 4 to LR 6 (now at 6.5). Currently using the smugmug lightroom plugin 3.0.6.0, and I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with all Windows updates.

is there a reason for this UAC invocation? I can't imagine why it needs it.

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2016
    I have UAC enabled, and it is not doing it for me (latest SM Plugin, I think 3.0.6.0, and Windows 10). Do you mean it does it when you do a publish, or when you do a reload of the plugin from manager, or when you start Lightroom?
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2016
    I get hit with UAC approval requests when I start LR, and when I restart the Smug plugin. once its loaded, I can publish multiple times without additional UAC.

It only started doing this a few weeks ago
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2016
    Hi Pierce,
    Can you make sure that you've installed the plug-in in the recommended location shown in the "install manually" section here?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2016
    Pierce, sorry, other than a permissions issue such as Sabastian is suggesting, I have no good ideas. And I would have expected a permissions issue to just fail, not invoke privilege. You haven't changed the LR startup in Windows have you (i.e. properties on whatever link and/or the exe you are using)?

Maybe it is just location. All I can confirm is running the same stuff (wel, I have CC not LR6), it does not need it, so I think it is related to configuration in some fashion.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2016
    C:\Users\pierce\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules be where its installed.

in the plugin manager, I see the following settings (I'll only list checkboxes that ARE checked)
    * Automatically check for updates
    * Use URL handler for Authorization

If I click 'reload', I get a popup dialog "Confirm - Lightroom needs to configure your ysstem for the SmugMug plug-in.", with an OK and Cancel button. I press OK, and get the UAC (hides both screens, and UAC popup appears)

ooooh, interesting? the UAC itself says...

Program name: Windows Command Processor
    Verified Publisher: Microsoft Windows
    Program Location: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /c C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe -register

and, for completion sake, my LR launch shortcut, its on my taskbar, added via 'pin to taskbar', and says Target: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Lightroom.exe", Start in: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Lightroom", all looks normal to me.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2016
    That's ringing a bell.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1877665?start=0&tstart=0

Try running that command from a privileged command prompt and see if it makes it go away. I.e. run as administrator the command prompt first, then just paste in that whole command.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2016
    ok, ran CMD as Admin, closed LR, ran that -register command, restarted LR, and voila no UAC, ahhhhhh.

it was only a mild annoyance, but now its gone, yay!