FS: Nikon D200 with Kit Lens

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited February 7, 2010 in Nikon Land
Harold is selling a lot (most, if not all) of his gear due to some recent financial problems. To start he is "auctioning" his D200 with a kit lens.

He is asking $1,200.

Post your name in the asking thread. The winner will be randomly selected by Harold.

The total cost for each person will be = $1,200/Total Bidders. The more people that bid the lower each person's cost will be!!

So, if 100 people bid the cost per person is $12.00. The winner will only have to pay $12.00 for the camera and lens!

Each bidder is required to honor their commitment.

So - help a fellow photographer!

Comments

• GH41GH41 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    RogersDA wrote:
    Harold is selling a lot (most, if not all) of his gear due to some recent financial problems. To start he is "auctioning" his D200 with a kit lens.

He is asking $1,200.

Post your name in the asking thread. The winner will be randomly selected by Harold.

The total cost for each person will be = $1,200/Total Bidders. The more people that bid the lower each person's cost will be!!

So, if 100 people bid the cost per person is $12.00. The winner will only have to pay $12.00 for the camera and lens!

Each bidder is required to honor their commitment.

So - help a fellow photographer!

You have got to be kidding! First off a D200 w/ what kit lens? The body is maybe worth $500 if mint with low clicks! You don't mention what kit lense. To me it means a $100 lense! You should have said you were raffleing off a $600 dollar camera and selling tickets! This is unreal!!!!!!! Depending on where you are you could serve time for doing this! GHGH
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 8, 2010
    My BS meter just maxed out. I paid $599 for my D200 brand new from Best Buy last year. I never knew there was a kit lens for that camera. This sounds like a good screwing about to happen...
    My momma always said, "If it's too good to be true, then someone is gonna get screwed."
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Well I am so sorry that I did not obtain YOUR (GH41) approval before posting this.

And I am not the seller.

Perhaps instead of being so negative you could have asked nicely for more information in the linked thread.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    RogersDA wrote:
    Well I am so sorry that I did not obtain YOUR (GH41) approval before posting this.

And I am not the seller.

Perhaps instead of being so negative you could have asked nicely for more information in the linked thread.

heh..perhaps the seller could have posted/explained the auction directly as well. Not saying their is any dishonesty going on but "I am posting for a freind" and very unusual auction process and lack of info already has too many alarm bells going off for me to consider if I were looking. just sayin...
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    captain78 wrote:
    My BS meter just maxed out. I paid $599 for my D200 brand new from Best Buy last year. I never knew there was a kit lens for that camera. This sounds like a good screwing about to happen...
    My momma always said, "If it's too good to be true, then someone is gonna get screwed."

Actually, there were several offerings for kit's with (different) lenses~

And if you follow the link, it looks legit to me at least...but then, I am only one of the few people remaining in the U.S. that believes honesty still exists~ Giving it daily and expecting it back~

What'd be even more cool was if he gave the overage amount to a charity~
    tom wise
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    My sniffer's still working, sorta/sometimes
    David... did the regulars there not think of how buying/selling works in the 21cnt? Do you really think that I would give up $2 in a raffle to a person I have no clue about for a camera that may or may not work... and I could go on. Just saying...

Please give serious re-consideration before passing around things like this... and especially on the WEB, they are ill-advised. You know the old saying... if it smells like dung and it looks like dung...
  • sparkeyjamessparkeyjames Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    This is more like a raffle plus pay the difference up to my price if not enough
    people buy into it. Not the way to sell a camera IMHO.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 10, 2010
    This is more like a raffle plus pay the difference up to my price if not enough
    people buy into it. Not the way to sell a camera IMHO.

Not the way to buy a camera either...
    If the seller doesn't get enough people to "bid" on his camera to come up with the $1200, the rest of the poor slobs that bid have to pick up the remainder of the cost. This could end up costing someone $1200 for a $600 camera with some sort of unknown lens.

EDIT:I just went to the site and they have closed the thread. Wonder why?
  • glockman99glockman99 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Please don't try to turn this into another auction site...We (I) don't need another eBay.
    Dann Fassnacht (glockman99)
    Aberdeen, WA USA
    glockman99@hotmail.com
  • alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Can you spell rip-off?
    AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
    Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    This thread is awesome. :ivar:ivar:ivar
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 11, 2010
    Boy, that was exciting, eh? :D

Folks, I just want to point out that David is a regular poster here, and while I'm glad you all did a mature and respectable job policing this type of sale, let's remember that it was not David himself. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt in that he didn't read his "friends" auction so closely, and move along. As someone has pointed out, the other site has closed down that thread.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• scotty2scotty2 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2010
    captain78 wrote:

I am wanting to get a d200 ... d300 seems to be about double the $600 price.
    Was $600 some sort of super / super special ?
    Folks who work there say they can't buy at that price.

thank you,
    scott