More Craigslist Fun

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited July 21, 2015 in Mind Your Own Business
While having my morning coffee I came across this post. If I can't get a response out of this nothing will!!

is the leading provider of premium prefab homes in North America. Designed in California and built in half the time of conventional custom homes, homes feature soaring ceilings, walls of glass 'letting the outdoors in', luxury quality finishes, and integrated high performance technologies for convenient and comfortable living.

We are looking for a Semi-Professional Photographer to capture a few shots of the exterior and interior of our five homes that are currently being constructed in the Sonoma and Santa Clara counties. These photos do not need to have professional studio lighting or Photoshop touch-ups. They just need to be high res shots that showcase our homes in a dynamic and interesting way. The photos will be used as a "sneak-peak" to the Media to engage them in our premium designed homes. Below are a few guidelines on what we need:

Exterior shots:
- Capture the whole house with as much clearance as possible on all sides (especially the sky)
- Try to not have items like trees in the foreground that cover the house
- Find interesting details and dynamic angles

Interior shots
- Capture the spaciousness and openness of the room
- Find interesting details and highlight the high-quality finishes of our homes
- Capture how our homes "let the outdoors in" with walls of glass and extensive decking.

I am responding to your post on Craigslist for architectural photographic services.

Please note I am unable to provide UN-professional, Semi-professional, poorly lit, UN-processed, UN-color corrected, angled / tilted / skewed vertical lines, or blurry images to SHOWCASE your premium designed homes with soaring ceilings and and luxury finishes. :-)

I am however able to provide you with images that will photographically showcase your homes the way they should be!

Based on the expectations listed on your Craigslist add, you should hold onto your socks! The imagery and service I will provide will knock those socks off!

Enough fun for this morning. I would love to talk to you about your project.

I am fully insured and absolutely guarantee my work.

As a side note, I have an interest in viewing / looking into the economy and quality of a prefab home.

Feel free to call anytime.

Thank you,

Website and contact info was also provided.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited March 1, 2015
  • catnipcatnip New member Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 25, 2015
    Did you hear back from the prefab home company? :)
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Honestly your response was risky. They might think it's fun and clever, or they might find it sarcastic, cocky, and unprofessional. You never know what kind of sense of humor people have. I was mildly amused but they might not be. Hope you get it but I also hope you can afford to pay for this little self-entertainment stunt with the cost of losing the job.

What do you think you'll charge? Sounds like they need a basic real-estate shoot done on each of their model homes. In my area the going rate is $150 for up to 3000 square feet of living space. So you'd be looking at about $750-$1000 for the 5 homes depending on the size, and 2 days of shooting. Shoot in-cam HDR, no flash, get the shots right at shooting time, and you could have minimal to 0 processing time. Could be a nice gig.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Jack,
    I am not sure Sam was really trying to get this job.

I have responded to these types of ads just for the fun of it with no intention of getting the job.

Usually when someone is asking for something for free, there are not a customer I want anyway. But you just never know.
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Where did it say there would be little or no pay? I missed that. Could have and should have been a decent paying job.

Ads that want free or dirt cheap photography, sure, skewer them up.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Sorry I read into the original post as another craigslist post asking for pro or semi-pro services for peanuts or "trade"
    I had just read a couple of those types for my after dinner amusement.