Options

New Customizer - stupid question

SrockSrock Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited April 17, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I'm having trouble getting customizations to work in CSS-

I have tried adding CSS blocks to both the entire site and gallery- Doesnt seem to work.

Do you need to add the block to a specific area of the page?
Do you need to add a new block for each command

I want to turn off the buy menu, keywords and comments- I have added the following to my css block , but no luck- What could I be doing wrong??

Steve

Code:/* Remove the "Add to Cart" Button */
.sm-gallery-buymenu
{
display: none;
}
Code:/* Remove the comments section */
.sm-gallery-smugmug .sm-gallery-comments-container {
}
Code:/* Hide the keywords from displaying on galleries */
.sm-tile-keywords
{
}

Comments

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited April 16, 2014
    I don't see your buy button, comments, or keywords. But the first two can be hidden with gallery settings and don't need to have code used for them. The last bit of code does appear to be working. Either that or the images I looked at weren't keyworded.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    SrockSrock Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2014
    Smug Eric wrote: »
    I don't see your buy button, comments, or keywords. But the first two can be hidden with gallery settings and don't need to have code used for them. The last bit of code does appear to be working. Either that or the images I looked at weren't keyworded.

Seemed to start working when I took out the comments leaving only the code (You should be able to leave the comments to explain the code...)

In Smugmug style - the standard folders have photos on the right and the selected image on the left.
    In the old Smugmug the user could control the image speed and transition- I dont see the controls for the slidehow in the folder -Does the user no longer have any control? If not, wher are the controls . Where is it and who can control it??

Steve
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,453 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2014
    Srock wrote: »
    Seemed to start working when I took out the comments leaving only the code (You should be able to leave the comments to explain the code...)

In Smugmug style - the standard folders have photos on the right and the selected image on the left.
    In the old Smugmug the user could control the image speed and transition- I dont see the controls for the slidehow in the folder -Does the user no longer have any control? If not, wher are the controls . Where is it and who can control it??

Steve

Comments work, but if this is exactly what you copied:
    [COLOR=Red]Code:[/COLOR]/* Remove the "Add to Cart" Button */
    .sm-gallery-buymenu 
    {
    }
    [COLOR=Red]Code:[/COLOR]/* Remove the comments section */
    .sm-gallery-smugmug .sm-gallery-comments-container {
    }
    [COLOR=Red]Code:[/COLOR]/* Hide the keywords from displaying on galleries */
    .sm-tile-keywords 
    {
    } 		

....then you need to remove this in red.