Options

Gallery descriptions

avmanavman Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited August 22, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Good Day everyone! It has been a while since I have visited the customization forum. I have been working to code all of my galleries to work with mobile devices. I have bumped into an issue that I can't seem to find a work around. I do know SmugMug changed server code to better accommodate mobile devices earlier this year. I have a couple of issues or questions. Smugmug address is : avman.smugmug.com The gallery address I am looking for assistance with is : http://www.tomdphotos.com/PhotoGalleriesII/Sports/IESASports/WrestlingJHS/SportsIESA2012WRSTANFORD/ First of all, close inspection reveals the bottom div text slides under the slideshow button. It appears the right hand margin of the gallery description does not extend or wrap around the the slideshow/photo cart buttons. The bottom lines of text are aligned to the right. When viewing the bottom text on my smart phone in portrait mode, some of the text does not automatically wrap and therefore disappears from view on my smartphone. I have 10 px of padding on the left and right sides of the div with the margin set to auto. Additionally, the photo cart button does NOT appear when the gallery is viewed on my smartphone. I hope I am not repeating these issues that may have been answered but I could use some help with solutions. Thank you very much in advance...Respectfully,
Tom
I really don't have anything nifty to say so I will remain quiet and observe!

Tom

http://avman.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2016
    avman wrote: »
    ...First of all, close inspection reveals the bottom div text slides under the slideshow button. It appears the right hand margin of the gallery description does not extend or wrap around the the slideshow/photo cart buttons. ...
    You do not get the whole width for gallery descriptions. Smug reserved a percentage for those buttons.
    You will have to reassign a percent with CSS so they don not overlap. Something like 80% for the
    description. Err ... I used 80% for only the BUY button. I turned of the slideshow because of its huge
    extra usage of the gallery description.

or
    use breaks so your text flows around.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    avmanavman Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2016
    Thanks Allen. I discovered full width gallery descriptions aren't available. I was hoping to find a work around like: (xpx) added to bottom of the bottom div. As for using breaks, the bottom div of all of my galleries is aligned left except this one which I kept to the right for purposes of providing an example. Even using breaks, the text does NOT wrap like you think it would. Everything is fine on my desktop monitor and displays mostly correctly when in landscape mode on my Smartphone, but not portrait, it just doesn't wrap.
    Thank you for your input!
    Tom
    I really don't have anything nifty to say so I will remain quiet and observe!

Tom

http://avman.smugmug.com/