Options

Ideas on how to showcase better my shots

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited August 21, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Dear all,
these days I am tuning my web page and I would like your suggestions on how I can show case better my shots here:
https://alexpal.smugmug.com/Portrait-Redefined

What would you suggest? What is your favourite method? And what are the included pros and cons?
I would like to thank you in advance for your reply
Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2016
    There are a couple of little things that I would change.

On the home page:

Take the last paragraph and put at the top, then lose the first sentence.

The portrait redefined is your working portfolio and you should allow the images to tell the story. Lose the text or move it to the "about me" if you feed the need to once again describe what you do and why you do it.

You have quite a few attention getting images and a few that border on normal. They are still good, but don't have the same punch, so since you are branding yourself as the "artistic" I would recommend grouping them together at the bottom of the page. This way your audience can see that you have range and can deliver the normal, but it's not your main style.

In the work with me section, you are once again explaining what you do and why you do it. It is really repetitive throughout the website. Let your images do the talking. Less text is more. If you want, keep the price list here, but lose the other text or move it to the about me.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    vogtovogto Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2016
    I'd improve the homepage, pick selection of your best photos and make them prominent. Also, I think the homepage copy could be rewritten and made more exciting for the reader.
    Get inspired! Visit www.artentic.net to see my photos.
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2016
    There are a couple of little things that I would change.

On the home page:

Take the last paragraph and put at the top, then lose the first sentence.

The portrait redefined is your working portfolio and you should allow the images to tell the story. Lose the text or move it to the "about me" if you feed the need to once again describe what you do and why you do it.

You have quite a few attention getting images and a few that border on normal. They are still good, but don't have the same punch, so since you are branding yourself as the "artistic" I would recommend grouping them together at the bottom of the page. This way your audience can see that you have range and can deliver the normal, but it's not your main style.

In the work with me section, you are once again explaining what you do and why you do it. It is really repetitive throughout the website. Let your images do the talking. Less text is more. If you want, keep the price list here, but lose the other text or move it to the about me.

VERY very useful insights. great thanks
    Alex
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2016
    vogto wrote: »
    I'd improve the homepage, pick selection of your best photos and make them prominent. Also, I think the homepage copy could be rewritten and made more exciting for the reader.

You are right. Mostly I do not know how.. any more ideas?
    Alex
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2016
    I didn't look at the code, but I think it would be nice if the text could sit still while you scroll the photos; it leaves a big empty spot otherwise. Maybe the header also, but at least the text. (That said, not sure what this looks like on a phone, it's hard to over-estimate how many people view these things on mobile devices now.