Musicians

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited May 30, 2016 in Other Cool Shots

i-8zmLbpH-XL.jpg

2 (An old Harmony. A slide is appropriate.)

i-BX3zR9j-XL.jpg

i-rzqn5Gs-XL.jpg

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2016
    I like all three of these shots - the way they capture the action, the instruments (the voice being an instrument as well) and the feeling of being in a live performance. Looks like folk/bluegrass to me.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2016
    I also like these a lot Don... nicely atypical compositions!
    As is my tendency, I'd try B&W... but, it would lose the warm brown tones of the wood... which is nice.
    My first guitar, 45 yrs. ago, was a Harmony just like that... cool!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2016
    Sara, Eric, thanks. Sara, they were mainly playing old gospel songs. Those aren't usually my cup of tea but these folks are all excellent musicians and it was a terrific set. Eric, I'm a mostly retired singer-songwriter. A luthier friend rehabs Harmonies. I think a lot of them get purchased by slide players. They're pretty popular.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2016
    I pegged bluegrass because the position of the woman's mouth suggests the rather forced, nasal sound that is prevalent in bluegrass (not a value judgement, just a fact). (I'm a trained opera singer...) I like gospel - sorry I wasn't there.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2016
    I like these. I've always struggled with guitar shots. #2 is quite good.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    Very nice close-ups!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited May 21, 2016
    Mitch, Tatiana, thanks. My wife and I sat in the front row and I used a 70-300mm lens at ISO 6400.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2016
    Don...#1 is my fav! That hint of motion in the hand with the bass fiddle as the entire background makes the shot for me!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2016
    Yes #1 is magic! In #3, how annoying is all that PA equipment! Sorta spoils the shot for me, which is too bad because I absolutely love the hand. Great tones and exposure. All three!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2016
    I like how you have featured what is important and avoided the usual distractions with performing musicians.

I like the whole set.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
    edited May 30, 2016
    CCoop, willard, thanks. I learned to frame more closely by taking gobs of boring photos of musicians!