Options

Should I or Shouldn't I?

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited May 29, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
Include this in my product photography images?
i-SFV79xh-X2.jpg

I think I like this one better?
_37A7272-Edit-2-Edit-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2016
    The b/w conversion is a better statetement in my opinion! It seems more natural and compelling over the color one.... At least thT is what I think. And.... The b/w is what made me comment...if that is worth anything... If the glass gobblers didnt have the much 'cloud' in them then it would be more attractive in color to me.... IMHO. But if that is the way it looked ten awesome.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2016
    Nicely done.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    The b/w conversion is a better statetement in my opinion! It seems more natural and compelling over the color one.... At least thT is what I think. And.... The b/w is what made me comment...if that is worth anything... If the glass gobblers didnt have the much 'cloud' in them then it would be more attractive in color to me.... IMHO. But if that is the way it looked ten awesome.

15524779-Ti.gif and well stated.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited May 26, 2016
    Thanks! Yes I like the B&W better as well, but didn't want to delete the first image sense it was already posted.

The wine bottle has been in a closed cooler since 1986, and the wine glasses have been sitting untouched in a closet for about 20 years so the cloudiness is real and natural.

Sam
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2016
    :Hi Sam, I like the BW shot but for my money if it's about the wine, then the wine bottle needs to be more in the sweet spot of the photo. I find it's too far down to the right to take the spotlight in the photo. For my eyes in this arrangement the glasses take center stage and not the wine. And the glasses, although they are lovely and moody - I think that including them in a product photograph for wine would be unorthodox because of their cloudiness.

--Sara

PS... are you going to be drinking that wine soon??? I'll be waiting for a tasting description :D
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2016
    :Hi Sam, I like the BW shot but for my money if it's about the wine, then the wine bottle needs to be more in the sweet spot of the photo. I find it's too far down to the right to take the spotlight in the photo. For my eyes in this arrangement the glasses take center stage and not the wine. And the glasses, although they are lovely and moody - I think that including them in a product photograph for wine would be unorthodox because of their cloudiness.

--Sara

PS... are you going to be drinking that wine soon??? I'll be waiting for a tasting description :D

Good thoughts. Yes I agree these images are not good candidates for product photography examples. A better example is under my "Lighting Experiment" post.

I will try playing with the bottle some more. I do love the character of the bottle.

Sam

By now this vinegar. :D
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2016
    Tattered and moody-- I love it! There comes a time when all that's left is a bottle of wine and two glasses. Curious to me that neither glass has yet been poured. And when it is poured, will there be two drinking or just one? The mood here is lonely, and I'm guessing just one. This is a beautiful, open ended image that's perfect for projection of meaning. Thank you! --Carter