Sigma AF Tele 400mm f5.6 HELP

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited May 6, 2014 in Cameras
I own a Sigma AF Tele 400mm f5.6 that the three front lens have come out from it being rattled around on the back of my motorcycle. Does any out there know how these go back together? Thank you for your time. I have look for a drawing on the internet but have not found anything. Thanks again. Mark
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited March 31, 2014
    The Sigma 400mm, f5.6 (original APO and the HSM/APO version) are pretty old and I too can't find any diagrams. I suspect that the design may be similar to the Canon 400mm, f5.6 design, so you might take a look at that lens diagram, plus the Sigma 500mm, f4.5 design, to see if that helps.

Canon
    ef_400_56l_usm_bd.gif

Sigma 500mm
    Sigma-500mm-f4.5-EX-DG-APO-HSM-Diagram.png
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2014
    Thank you for the suggestion
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    The Sigma 400mm, f5.6 (original APO and the HSM/APO version) are pretty old and I too can't find any diagrams. I suspect that the design may be similar to the Canon 400mm, f5.6 design, so you might take a look at that lens diagram, plus the Sigma 500mm, f4.5 design, to see if that helps.

Canon
    ef_400_56l_usm_bd.gif

Sigma 500mm
    Sigma-500mm-f4.5-EX-DG-APO-HSM-Diagram.png

Thank you for the suggestion. I dropped it off at a local repair place have not heard back but I told the owner "when you have time and if you can't fix it then keep it for parts". I purchased a 55-200mm Nikon VR. Really decent lens for the price but I sure do miss the reach of that 400mm on a DX body. Thanks again. M
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron