Options

Keeping on training. A shot during my vacations

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited January 28, 2015 in People
Dear all,
today I am presenting you some work I did last summer during my vacations. I had a friend couple that they were willing to pose for me.
My approach was to try to capture those moments that they would like to remember before their first kid was born.
I did not want to capture just happy moments but also those moments, especially at your first kid, when you find your self thinking "Would everything be okay?", "Would I make it somehow?"

At that time I did not have a flash so I had to rely working with the available light. Also note that at this era I did have any knowledge about posing which means that today, after the great support you gave me I can (at least) recognize my mistakes...

With that in mind you can have a look in the images below... Post processing wise my major problem is always in finding the correct white balance. This is the reason I would be starting from now on with a grey card..

Thanks a lot for your great tutoring... More recent shoots I did come also soon.

Regards
Alex

i-mvFzP4D-M.jpg

i-WfPKjZX-M.jpg

i-3pkk5MW-M.jpg

i-3pkk5MW-M.jpg

i-nrncsJd-M.jpg

i-6rCkBHH-M.jpg

i-hXbNsWZ-M.jpg

i-C6Vcm5m-M.jpg

i-G8SG3d4-M.jpg

i-VjFMnZK-M.jpg

i-pgG22sZ-M.jpg

i-MhsQ7SQ-M.jpg

i-Fd7d62Q-M.jpg

i-JPmG29J-M.jpg

i-cRWGPFs-M.jpg

i-KXJ9sMP-M.jpg

i-WSs3hQj-M.jpg

i-Dxb37ws-M.jpg

i-V96BmhR-M.jpg

i-DkrCt9s-M.jpg

i-b3G4psQ-M.jpg

i-vCj4n39-M.jpg

i-NwxMmG2-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2015
    hey, #18 isn't bad!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2015
    I really like #21 especially in a tall/thin crop. The clothing really kills the images for me. Stripes are visually very distracting but I know you had no choice in the matter but always try to have a pre planning session. Again turn these upside down and see what grabs you eye and is that good or bad.
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2015
    Thanks guys I appreciate your feedback. Especially now that you now how and when I started.
    Do you have any tutorials for coaching your subject on what to dress and what not?

Regards
    Alex
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2015
    1. Bright colors come forward in the photographs and compete with the face with normal bkgs, they also put weight on us.
    2. Bold stripes and large patterns are very distracting.
    3. Ladies with larger upper arms should not wear sleeveless tops or spaghetti straps.
    4. Men often have outgrown the waist line of their jacket and have shirts collars that won't button. They also tend to wear white socks with everything.
    4. Tennis shoes are not acceptable foot wear for most portraits.

Stick with earth tones and pastel tops and you will be ok for most portraiture.
    Have everyone place their outfits on the bed and squint.......this blends everything together and objectionable outfits can be changed.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2015
    Hi thanks for the answer. Do you have more of a guide for clothing and make up for different type of shoots?
    Regards
    Alex
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2015
    No guide but just a collection of discussions. On makeup the face is hit with so much light it needs makeup to give it shape. Use blush to help with this and keep it on the lower half of the cheek bone. Watch out for shinny spots especially forehead, cheek bones, tip of the nose and chin. These areas are especially oily on some folks and can be toned down with a good makeup base. There are special makeup wipes that you can purchase and just wipe those areas to cut down on the shine.