The NEW Uploader is NOT Working!

Comments

• NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2013
    Not meaning to pile on, but I get the "We're sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in..." on all my uploads unless I use nimai.smugmug.com instead of my custom domain.
    Mac OSX 10.8.2
    Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57

Cross-domain cookie/session stuff!! What a pain. I know you SmugMug Wizards will get it working soon! Best of luck to you.
  • MenBrialMenBrial Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    Have you tried this:

1. Log out.

2. Go to www.smugmug.com and Log in.

3. Go to your site, and upload.

This is REALLY annoying !!!! each time i want to upload pictures i have to log out , then go to the Smugmug website , then log in , then try to upload pictures..sometimes it work sometimes no ...
    This is REALLY ANNOYING , Andy youR responses are useless and dont tell me that the pb is fixed ...
    The new upload is just a HUGE BUG
  • MenBrialMenBrial Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    B.S. plain & simple. I pay for a service I expect to work.

I agree we do not get the service we pay for plain and simple
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2013
    MenBrial wrote: »
    I agree we do not get the service we pay for plain and simple

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLD ON HERE! Didn't you hear....
    mbonocore wrote: »
    This did not fail at all in Beta Testing. I (and many many people) have been using the uploader all night with no issues.

A quote directly from the moderator.eek7.gif
  • CaoimhinCaoimhin Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Okay so I emailed the help desk yesterday because I've been getting "the not logged in message" on both IE9 & Chrome. Sometimes an upload works, sometimes not. Per help desk I cleared cache and cookies in Chrome, logged in through smugmug.com and successfully completed a 40-file upload. About an hour later, using the same Chrome browser which had remained active, I attempted a single file upload and "the not logged in message" was back again. I'm trying it again this morning in Chrome as I type this - nothing is happening, just a dialog box that shows the file with 0/1 completed and no progress bar or activity whatsoever.
  • LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Can somebody at Smugmug please explain why this was changed when nobody was asking for it and yet all the very real issues that countless people are asking after are being ignored. I sometimes struggle to understand the logic around here headscratch.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    MenBrial wrote: »
    Andy youR responses are useless

Hey, I'm really sorry for trying to help you..... rolleyes1.gif
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    Can somebody at Smugmug please explain why this was changed when nobody was asking for it and yet all the very real issues that countless people are asking after are being ignored. I sometimes struggle to understand the logic around here headscratch.gif

It's inevitable there will be bugs and hiccups along the way and Smugmug is no different to anyone else in this respect, and it's hardly a shambles. Smugmug do their very best and even under this strain the customer service is still good.

ne_nau.gif
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
    edited December 12, 2013
    It's inevitable there will be bugs and hiccups along the way and Smugmug is no different to anyone else in this respect, and it's hardly a shambles. Smugmug do their very best and even under this strain the customer service is still good.

ne_nau.gif

I'm not talking about a bug I'm asking why something so fundamental to using Smugmug was changed when it was already working perfectly well before and no one had any issue with it. If it was broken I would understand but to just randomly change it seems silly especially when it has made it much more complicated for everybody. Wouldn't you rather they had spent that time working on the just one of the many issues you have raised in these forums?
    edited December 12, 2013
    I'm not talking about a bug I'm asking why something so fundamental to using Smugmug was changed when it was already working perfectly well before and no one had any issue with it. If it was broken I would understand but to just randomly change it seems silly especially when it has made it much more complicated for everybody. Wouldn't you rather they had spent that time working on the just one of the many issues you have raised in these forums?

I prefer it the way it is, sorry.
    edited December 12, 2013
    especially when it has made it much more complicated for everybody.

Everybody? SmugMug has zillions of customers. A few are having issues. I wouldn't call that everybody :D
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    I'd guess >90% are happy with this new cookie cutter site and don't have a clue what's going on.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited December 13, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I'd guess >90% are happy with this new cookie cutter site and don't have a clue what's going on.

Are you talking about the smugmug customers or the smugmug software developers?

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1927417&postcount=59

Cheers,
    edited December 13, 2013
    I still get the message when uploading from my domain. I use Firefox.
    "We're sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in to that account. Please login and try again."
    I prefer it the way it is, sorry.

Must be just you then, I actually prefer mine to work!

As of two minutes ago I am still having to log out and log in again before I can upload rolleyes1.gif
    edited December 14, 2013
    Must be just you then, I actually prefer mine to work!

As of two minutes ago I am still having to log out and log in again before I can upload

Then you should keep complaining about it and try to get it changed.
    Hopefully you wont get someone posting that the problem isn't important to them, undermining your effort.

Cheers,
    edited December 14, 2013
    Hopefully you wont get someone posting that the problem isn't important to them, undermining your effort.

Cheers,

I suppose so. As this is a genuine issue affecting several users though I'm sure it will be addressed fairly soon whereas 'problems' affecting just one person are at the bottom of the list of priorities and rightly so thumb.gif
    edited December 14, 2013

Cheers,

For those that are having this issue, I think I've figured out what may be a reason WHY you are getting that "you don't appear to be logged" in issue.

Check your cookie settings. If you have 3rd party cookies blocked, the uploader will show the message. If you allow 3rd party cookies, you will not get the error. At least in my testing here this morning.

AFAIK, allowing 3rd party cookies has always been a requirement when you have a custom domain on SM.

Here's Chrome: http://note.io/1ecYnc8

Firefox: http://note.io/1ecYWmr

So, for those having the issue... check 3rd party cookies... enable them, and then go to your custom domain and login.
    http://www.example.com/login?/goTo=http://www.example.com

Hope this helps.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 14, 2013
    For those that are having this issue, I think I've figured out what may be a reason WHY you are getting that "you don't appear to be logged" in issue.

It might be cookie related but I don't think it's 3rd party cookies specifically. I have had this happen to me on several occasions and I don't do anything special with cookies. If it were as you described, then it should fail every time yet it doesn't.

I would think that if I'm not logged in (according to the uploader), then nothing with respect to controlling my site should work. But it does-I can organize, etc.

When it happens, it's a royal pain in the butt. But it doesn't always happen.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2013
    Thanks Andy, I changed my Firefox (25.0.1) settings as you showed in your screenshot and it fixed the problem for me. Now to upload these horrid snow photos!
    edited December 14, 2013
    "For those that are having this issue, I think I've figured out what may be a reason WHY you are getting that "you don't appear to be logged" in issue... "

I use Firefox version 26. I have cookies enabled as you show.
    The problem is still there.

Cheers,
    edited December 14, 2013
    "For those that are having this issue, I think I've figured out what may be a reason WHY you are getting that "you don't appear to be logged" in issue... "

I use Firefox version 26. I have cookies enabled as you show.
    The problem is still there.

Cheers,

Can you try three things?

1) screenshot your cookie settings, please.

2) using firefox, delete ONLY your SmugMug cookies and try the whole thing again?

3) can you try Chrome - empty it of ANY and all SM cookies, and then set 3rd party cookies to yes, and close it and reopen, then go to your site, and login, and try?
    edited December 14, 2013
    Chrome gives me the message too, just like Firefox.

Cheers,
    edited December 14, 2013
    Chrome gives me the message too, just like Firefox.

Cheers,

Can I see a screenshot of your FF and Chrome settings please? I'm sure there's a way to solve this!
  • CaoimhinCaoimhin Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2013
    Fwiw, I do not have third-party cookies blocked in Chrome and the "not logged in to account" message still exists for me. I have to re-log in through Smugmug.com to successfully upload a file or files.
    edited December 14, 2013
    Caoimhin wrote: »
    Fwiw, I do not have third-party cookies blocked in Chrome and the "not logged in to account" message still exists for me. I have to re-log in through Smugmug.com to successfully upload a file or files.

This.
    edited December 14, 2013
    Not sure why you are looking at browser settings. They were the same for the old uploader.
    The problem started with the switch to the new uploader.

Cheers,
    edited December 14, 2013
    Not sure why you are looking at browser settings.

I'm just trying to help you. If you don't want the help, then EMAIL THE HELP DESK. I have replicated the behavior when the 3rd Party cookies are blocked. I have NO ISSUE when they are not blocked.
    edited December 14, 2013
    Not sure why you are looking at browser settings. They were the same for the old uploader.
    The problem started with the switch to the new uploader.

Cheers,

I think the problem has to do with cookies but that cookies are not the problem.
    edited December 14, 2013
    Caoimhin wrote: »

have you fully erased EVERY single SmugMug cookie in your browser?
  • kristieokckristieokc Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 15, 2013
    Everybody? SmugMug has zillions of customers. A few are having issues. I wouldn't call that everybody :D

No, but when you are one of "the few" ... (I am) .... this is a huge pain in the keister. I've e-mailed the help desk twice on this issue. Sometimes I can upload, most times I cannot. This problem only started when they updated the uploader ...... since I've changed nothing on my computer or settings and it worked fine before, I am a bit miffed that I am being told what *I* need to check to make it work again. I'm going to hope enough of "the few" of us are squawking loudly enough that someone is working on a permanent fix for this.