The NEW Uploader is NOT Working!

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    First, after your upload is complete, you will see a link that says "View Completed Files". This will take you back to the uploader where you can see the files that were successfully uploaded.
    Michael
    Thanks

After going back and viewing files can more be drug in at the point?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Thanks

After going back and viewing files can more be drug in at the point?

Yes Alan, you can drag more photos in after you click the View Completed.
    edited December 6, 2013
    MenBrial wrote: »
    Same thing here since yesterday .....

Please see my comment above. Log out, then go to www.smugmug.com and log in through there. The errors are related to logging in via your custom domain.

Thanks!
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    BTW, I see absolutely no reason to blank the screen and throw up that finished message.

As for the long file names why does there have to be two columns? Just leave it all in one
    column like it was in the previous uploader.

Another BTW, why is Smug spending time on such trivial stuff like this when there's many bug/requests to fix?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    Very fast processing...
    Since this is a discussion about the new uploader in general now, I thought that that I would comment about how quickly the processed images show in the gallery. The uploader is working great for me and the images are there immediately whereas I used to have to wait a little bit to see them and then to organize them. Also, the new organizer is really a convenient tool to do a lot of stuff in one place. Very nice.
  • mishenkamishenka Banned Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    This did not fail at all in Beta Testing. I (and many many people) have been using the uploader all night with no issues.

Michael,
    I personally know that bugs can, unfortunately, be undetected in Beta Testing. It does seem to happen pretty often with SmugMug releases though. However, the alarming fact is that some things should not have even passed the usability testing. Everything that Allen was saying here points to simple fact that no thought (at least not much) was given to actually designing this part. Regardless how advanced the algorithm is behind the scene - it feels like the front end functionality was put together by a junior developer and was never thoroughly checked by either QA or BA.
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    allen wrote: »
    ...why is smug spending time on such trivial stuff like this when there's many bug/requests to fix?

+1
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    I keep getting the same message I posted in the start of this thread.

Edited out the angry rant...

All I want for Christmas is to get what I'm paying for. Baring that, how about a site I can at least upload to without all this rigmarole.
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Damnit. I can't upload a damn thing today. I keep getting the same message I posted in the start of this thread. WTF!

I just uploaded 10 pictures right now... worked well.. but since SM forced my to switch to Firefox (was using Opera before) i now also get that "Login"-Screen again and again.

Also not all of my uploads show up in recent photos yet... maybe SM is busy because everyone is testing the new uploader :D (i still don't like it...)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    I just uploaded 10 pictures right now... worked well.. but since SM forced my to switch to Firefox (was using Opera before)

Opera has never been a supported browser, so SmugMug didn't "force" you to do anything :D
    edited December 8, 2013
    I keep getting the same message I posted in the start of this thread.

Edited out the angry rant...

All I want for Christmas is to get what I'm paying for. Baring that, how about a site I can at least upload to without all this rigmarole.

Have you tried this:

1. Log out.

2. Go to www.smugmug.com and Log in.

3. Go to your site, and upload.
    edited December 8, 2013
    Considering I pay a few hundred dollars/year to use this site I should be able to upload a file to it from ANY browser while logged in, whether or not it's via my custom domain or smugmug's domain. That's not a lot to ask. I shouldn't have to try various browsers, log out and back in, or be forced to use a specific site.
  • LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    Considering I pay a few hundred dollars/year to use this site I should be able to upload a file to it from ANY browser while logged in, whether or not it's via my custom domain or smugmug's domain. That's not a lot to ask. I shouldn't have to try various browsers, log out and back in, or be forced to use a specific site.

I agree. I can't upload anything anymore without having to log out and log in again first - this is absurd! Smugmug why did you change this??
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    Smugmug why did you change this??

I bet they do not even know themselves.
    edited December 8, 2013
    But... you can :) If you're having issues, I suggest writing the help desk - I'm using 3 different browsers with 4 different SM sites, on Mac and Windows. The new uploader is much faster, btw thumb.gif
  • beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    ... I should be able to upload a file to it from ANY browser while logged in, whether or not it's via my custom domain or smugmug's domain. That's not a lot to ask. I shouldn't have to try various browsers, log out and back in, or be forced to use a specific site.
    Agreed. There's not always a choice of browsers or even operating systems. It's OK for folk that use their own systems, personalised, with multi-browser options, but what about those who want to upload from an Internet Cafe, or a local library, or a friend's computer? In such cases, there's often no browser choice at all, and no admin access to clear cache/cookies either.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
    edited December 8, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    But... you can :) If you're having issues, I suggest writing the help desk - I'm using 3 different browsers with 4 different SM sites, on Mac and Windows. The new uploader is much faster, btw thumb.gif

B.S. plain & simple. I pay for a service I expect to work.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    I loaded photos to a new gallery today, all went well. Tried to load to an existing gallery and got this: It says I don't appear to be logged in.....right.

Loader.jpg

There's absolutely no way I could even be on that page, in that gallery, without being logged in. It appears this is your problem, not ours. I don't see any reason why I should have to clear my cache, log in from some other area, since none of that was an issue before Smugmug decided to "fix" what wasn't broken.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited December 8, 2013
    I just cleared my cache....no change.
    edited December 8, 2013
    I just logged out, cleared cache, logged back in....it appears to be working. I do hope that I will not have to do this every single time I wish to upload photos. Seems like things were working just fine before.....change isn't always good.
  • zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    Jeffro, try logging in from www.smugmug.com. The problem appears to happen when you log in through a custom domain. The uploader development team is aware of the problem and hopefully will have it fixed soon.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • ralfwralfw Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 8, 2013
    No need to logout, I had success just changing to the Smug URL format.
    I connect via my custom domain and encountered this problem as well. I wanted to report that logging out and back in wasn't necessary. I changed the URL in my address bar to the myaccountname.smugmug.com format and re-tried the upload. It was fast and successful without logging out and back in. In the meantime, I'm sure the Smug team is working on a long term fix, thanks!
    edited December 8, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    The uploader development team is aware of the problem and hopefully will have it fixed soon.

Cool beans.
    edited December 9, 2013
    B.S. plain & simple. I pay for a service I expect to work.

Write the help desk, get a hero to help you figure out why it's not working for you.
  • KyleCKyleC Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    Write the help desk, get a hero to help you figure out why it's not working for you.

I am on a custom domain, still no working. What a mess smugmug.
    edited December 9, 2013
    KyleC wrote: »
    I am on a custom domain, still no working. What a mess smugmug.

Kyle, Please log in via Smugmug.com until the issue is resolved.
    edited December 9, 2013
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me that they are still getting the "not logged in" error message after they log out, then back in via www.smugmug.com? Even if it works for a day or two and then the error comes back up for you, I would like to know. Otherwise, please let me know if this only happened the one time.

Thanks everyone!
    edited December 10, 2013
    I only encountered the problem when logged in from my site with IE9.
    I then tried Safari and had no problem uploading.
    When I used the provided SmugMug link from post #22 in conjunction with IE9, it worked without problem.

Just tested it again while logged in from my site with IE9 and still receiving the error. 12-9-2013 10:48 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
    Just tested it again with the provided link and IE9 and it worked without problem. 12-9-2013 10:50 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
    Hope this helps!
    --Shawn

Thanks Shawn!
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2013
    I still get the message when uploading from my domain. I use Firefox.
    "We're sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in to that account. Please login and try again."

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2013
    I'm in the same boat as Dennis. I have to log in via the smugmug.com. I do find that the new uploader is smoking fast though. I'm using Firefox and W7Pro.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com