Options

Links not working

mrjoemrjoe Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited February 21, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hi everyone I just started the new Smugmug, I started building it yesterday. While working with my pages,setting them up and working with my navbar I have hit a wrong setting wrong button or something. On my navbar I have set up to go to the page and once on the page then if you clicked on the same name it would take you to the folders with all the pictures or folders,

Say you found Joe Barnes Photography (joebarnesphotography.com)and wanted to look at Seniors so you would click on the Seniors Tab and go to Seniors, well then you wanted to see a seniors pictures well then you would click on Seniors again and it would take you to all the Seniors and you could choose the one you wanted to see or all.

Well that was working but now it is not, All the navbar setting are still the same and the link is still the same, but all I see is a blue screen with my name at the top and the navbar but no folders or files.

Can someone please assist me in this matter.. :dunno

Comments

• Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 16, 2015
    Hi Joe,

This is what I can see when I open your SENIORS page:

http://take.ms/o5gsW

Is this correct?
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2015
    mrjoe wrote: »
    Hi everyone I just started the new Smugmug, I started building it yesterday. While working with my pages,setting them up and working with my navbar I have hit a wrong setting wrong button or something. On my navbar I have set up to go to the page and once on the page then if you clicked on the same name it would take you to the folders with all the pictures or folders,

Say you found Joe Barnes Photography (joebarnesphotography.com)and wanted to look at Seniors so you would click on the Seniors Tab and go to Seniors, well then you wanted to see a seniors pictures well then you would click on Seniors again and it would take you to all the Seniors and you could choose the one you wanted to see or all.

Well that was working but now it is not, All the navbar setting are still the same and the link is still the same, but all I see is a blue screen with my name at the top and the navbar but no folders or files.

Can someone please assist me in this matter.. ne_nau.gif

It looks to me like you have fixed it, correct? It works the way you describe.
    I would offer one comment which is that the way the Navbar works is confusing/not organized well.
    When I see Seniors on the top navbar on one page, and I click it and go to another page, where the link "Seniors" still shows in the top navbar in the same place, I should and do assume that if I clicked it again, I would end up where I already am. It will never occur to me that I should click it again to go to a completely different URL. I'm not sure I'm saying this well, but I don't think it's advisable to have a Word that is a Link located in the same place, go to different places depending on which URL you click it from.

My guess is that you created one Navbar on the home page, and then another Navbar on "all pages"?

How about:
    - Make sure the links in the navbar on the home page are the same on all pages.
    - Drag a 2nd Navbar onto all pages, located where you want, and set up the links to go to the Seniors folder.

I tested this with an example:
    http://www.joinrats.com/RatHealth/HindEndWeakness/
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2015
    Editing my last post: You would have to "customize just this page" for the 2nd navbar, because otherwise the drilldown to all Seniors will also show on your Weddings page. Then add a 2nd navbar with the appropriate links to each of your other main pages.