Flash Slideshow not showing all images in XL size, reverts to L size

deepakvgdeepakvg Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited February 2, 2010 in SmugMug Support
I am using the Flash slideshow on my homepage and the first two images are displayed in XL size and from the third image, everything is displayed in L size.

All images in my gallery are XL size.

Any idea why this is happening? Is there a fix for this?

Please let me know!

Note: I currently have the slideshow stretched, but I tested it by forcing the size to 1200 x 1200 and still only the first 2 images are displayed in XL, everything else is in L size.

Please help!

Thanks,
Deepak Photography
Homepage | Galleries

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I've confirmed this is happening.

I even looked at the network trace and the slideshow requests the first few images in -XL size and then all the rest it request in -L size. All images are available in -XL in their gallery. I've checked the feed that is being used for the slideshow and looking at it in a browser shows -XL sizes available for all the images in the feed. I've checked to see if we can view the -XL sizes in the gallery and we can.

Something is causing the slideshow to request -L instead of the larger -XL which fits in the slideshow area. Looks like some sort of bug to me.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • deepakvgdeepakvg Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Alright, it looks like the issue is specifically with the feedURL. For testing purpose, I used an AlbumID instead of the feedURL and all images are coming up in XL size. When I switched back to feedURL, the first two are coming as XL and the remaining are coming in as L.

Not sure if something is wrong with the URL I am using.

Let me know if this can be fixed.

Thanks,
    Deepak Photography
    Homepage | Galleries
    edited January 29, 2010
    deepakvg wrote:
    Alright, it looks like the issue is specifically with the feedURL. For testing purpose, I used an AlbumID instead of the feedURL and all images are coming up in XL size. When I switched back to feedURL, the first two are coming as XL and the remaining are coming in as L.

Not sure if something is wrong with the URL I am using.

Let me know if this can be fixed.

Thanks,
    Here's something to try.

My feedURL (which doesn't appear to have this size problem) looks like this:
    easyFeedURL: 'http://api.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=jfriend&Data=bestkenya&format=atom03', 

If you notice in my URL, I have "format=atom03" and you do not.

FYI, easyFeedURL is a stretchy slideshow feature that makes it so you don't have to put the funny % characters in the URL. You use this instead of feedURL.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited January 29, 2010
    jfriend wrote:
    Here's something to try.

My feedURL (which doesn't appear to have this size problem) looks like this:
    easyFeedURL: 'http://api.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=jfriend&Data=bestkenya&format=atom03', 

If you notice in my URL, I have "format=atom03" and you do not.

FYI, easyFeedURL is a stretchy slideshow feature that makes it so you don't have to put the funny % characters in the URL. You use this instead of feedURL.

Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I mean, the slideshow is working, but with the same issue as before.

Not sure what's wrong with my site :(
    Deepak Photography
    Homepage | Galleries
    edited January 29, 2010
    deepakvg wrote:
    Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I mean, the slideshow is working, but with the same issue as before.

Not sure what's wrong with my site :(
    As a debugging exercise, you could temporarily try my feedURL and see if my galleries work differently. You could also temporarily try upping one of your galleries to the X2 size and see if that effects anything.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited January 29, 2010
    jfriend wrote:
    As a debugging exercise, you could temporarily try my feedURL and see if my galleries work differently. You could also temporarily try upping one of your galleries to the X2 size and see if that effects anything.

John, I tried upping the gallery size to X2 and that seemed to have done the trick.

Thanks a lot!

I am not sure what's going on with XL size though.

Regards,
    Deepak Photography
    Homepage | Galleries
    edited February 2, 2010
    This issue is still not fixed. I just tried it Chrome and the first 2 images are coming fully stretched, everything else is reduced in size. With IE, since there are lot of stuff in the toolbar, the browser size is comparatively small and XL seems to be fully stretched. However, with Chrome, I was able to see that the first few images are coming fully stretched and everything else is coming in reduced size.

All images in gallery are X2, but it looks like after the first few images, everything in Chrome is coming in as XL.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Please let me know!
    Deepak Photography
    Homepage | Galleries