Options

Dawn in the San Francisco Peaks

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited August 28, 2015 in Landscapes
Criticism is welcome. Click on it for a large view.

San%20Fran%20dawn3-1-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    I like the pano crop in the 3 shots have you have Don. It capture more of the most interesting area. JMO! Cheers!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    Fallen tree on Black Hills and converging tree crest!iloveyou.gifbow
    Also from your Norther Arizona trip.....the red rocks and bursting green.....some other gems hiding out there!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    VERY, very nice! clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited August 16, 2015
    Thanks, guys. It's an area that I love and never tire of.
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    Another great morning image Don.
    -Len
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    I will be the odd grumpy guy. This one doesn't do much for me.
    That said I went your website and saw images I would definitely print and hang on my wall.

One B&W "mist" really caught my eye.

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2015
    Thanks, Len. Sam, no problem, and thanks for commenting. I certainly don't expect every image to grab every viewer.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 18, 2015
    Outstanding image, Don. I could get lost in this picture. Please don't be afraid to post them in a larger size. We have that stretchy resized feature that sizes the picture to the users browser. This photo needs to be viewed large to appreciate what's going on here. The leading line of those trees points straight towards the largest peaks. I really like the bare trunks all lined giving the trees an almost manicured look. Then there's the grass with a myriad of flower growth, I see lupine and whatever those red stalks are, they're beautiful. The shot is perfectly balanced with the trees on one side and the mountains on the other. And finally the blue/purple pastel gradient in the sky gives an ethereally peaceful quality to the photo that soothes the eyes. Very well done indeed, Don. thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2015
    Joel, thanks for the comments. You see what I saw.

I must not grasp the resizing feature. I'll see if I can figure out what to do.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2015
    Beautiful production, Don. I agree with Joel...this shot really comes alive when viewed at a larger scale. Well done.thumb.gif

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2015
    Tom, thanks very much.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2015
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 28, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    I must not grasp the resizing feature. I'll see if I can figure out what to do.
    There's really nothing to do, Don. Just post the picture in a larger size and Dgrin does the rest. I like to use the Smugmug X2 size for posts, which is around 1600 pixels wide I believe.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2015
    Thanks, Joel. For some reason, this part of my Smugmug galley display up to X3 but gives embeddable links only up to large. I can't figure out which setting to alter, but I'll keep at it.