SlideShow/Digital Album Music

foto41foto41 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
edited February 12, 2009 in Weddings
When I put together digital slide shows for baby albums I often use, "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee as the music.

I would like to get some recommendations for good music to put to Wedding/Engagement photo slide shows.

Barry
Barry Nichols

Comments

• Digital IllusionsDigital Illusions Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    foto41 wrote:
    When I put together digital slide shows for baby albums I often use, "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee as the music.

I would like to get some recommendations for good music to put to Wedding/Engagement photo slide shows.

Barry

great question, i like to get the bride and groom to give me a disc with the songs they danced too at the reception and use that music on the slideshow/video.
    Brian C. Gailey, Owner / Operator
    Digital Illusions Photography & Design
    1764 Shawna Ct, Klamath Falls OR, 97603
    Email | Website | Blog | Facebook | MySpace |Newsletter | Subscribe

"The Race is long but in the end it is only with yourself" ~Unknown
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    You need to be very careful about the music you use with your slide shows. If it is not royalty free music you run the risk of being sued by the recording artist and/or the record label. Using music on an item you are selling without permission is a copyright infringement. Equate it to your client using one of your shots in an advertisement without paying you image rites. Granted the chances of that happening are probably not very great as recording artist will more than likely never see the slide show. But here in So. Cal, where I shoot, it can and has happened.

As far as type of music I stay away from anything with lyrics as you don't want the music to distract from the pictures. I tend to lean towards pinao/guitar or string instrumentals. I have used a band called The O'Neill Brothers from time to time. Their music is royalty free and fairly inexpensive. http://pianobrothers.com/
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com