RapidFetcher - Bulk download galleries for Mac/Win/Linux

Comments

• mx5timmx5tim Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2010
    Simple installation and a superb program that has restored several albums I'd "managed" to loose off my hard drive...

Thanks! bowdown.gif
  • JarredSPhotoJarredSPhoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2010
    Issue with getting all the images
    Hi,

The implementation and setup was a breeze. Definitely appreciate the program. Unfortunately I am running into an issue where not every image is downloaded. It creates a place holder in the directory. A 0 byte file with the filename. Does it do this and then replace it later with the real image? Or am I missing something here? Thanks for any help and take care.

P.s. It seems to have happened on a password protected gallery in full and an unpassworded directory you can see below.

P.s. I will try downloading the album by itself once the whole process is done; any suggestions would be great. :-)

787529566_Qzwqu-L.jpg
  • raamraam Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    This is most probably a network connection issue. Could you retry in a bit, and let me know if it is an issue still?

Thanks,
    Ram
    Hi,

The implementation and setup was a breeze. Definitely appreciate the program. Unfortunately I am running into an issue where not every image is downloaded. It creates a place holder in the directory. A 0 byte file with the filename. Does it do this and then replace it later with the real image? Or am I missing something here? Thanks for any help and take care.

P.s. It seems to have happened on a password protected gallery in full and an unpassworded directory you can see below.

P.s. I will try downloading the album by itself once the whole process is done; any suggestions would be great. :-)

787529566_Qzwqu-L.jpg
  • catherinelacey68catherinelacey68 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2010
    Guest gallery download
    Hi and thanks for a great app. Worked easily.

I have a tough client and want her to be able to download all the pics from her gallery.

How can I have her sign in as a guest and only download that gallery please?

Thanks
    edited February 17, 2010
    Make a gallery level password
    Make an album level password (see the album settings page). She then logs into rapidshare with your login name and the password to the album. Do not share your account password with her.

Ram
    Hi and thanks for a great app. Worked easily.

I have a tough client and want her to be able to download all the pics from her gallery.

How can I have her sign in as a guest and only download that gallery please?

Thanks
  • SmoothFlowSmoothFlow Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2010
    Security Warnings
    I installed the program with no problems, but I received several security warnings in the process - such as my files could be accessible to others. How secure is this program?

Also, once I "downloaded" the files, I got a notice that the files had been downloaded successfully. However, when I looked at the folder on my desktop, all of the files showed a size of 0 KB. They were there in name only! I had chosen image size as Original URL.

When I tried to log in again, I entered my username, which is my email address, and RapidFetcher kept changing the @ to %40, and wouldn't get the album list.

I tried again, and finally got the album list. When I changed the image size to XXX Large, RapidFetcher downloaded 3 of the 10 files that I wanted, but they were actually very small. I tried again using Original URL, and the small files were replaced by the 0 KB files.

Very frustrating.
  • dakdak Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2010
    help with rapid fetcher
    hi, i just downloaded rapid fetcher and it only downloads about half or less than half of my galleries, does anyone no what the problem is?
    edited February 22, 2010
    1. The warnings you see are at startup. That is from Adobe because I have not signed this application with them (that costs $499 a year and all it really does is certifies that I wrote the program.). The code is not encrypted and anyone can inspect it.

I need access to your drive so that I can write files in the directory you ask it to be written.

2. Most of the times, the 0KB files are due to network issues - and you could try giving it a couple of hours before retrying.

3. Regarding the conversion of '@' to %40 should not matter because that is just urlencoding - and thy both mean the same.

Looks like there were network issues - just retry in the morning, and it should work.

SmoothFlow wrote:
    I installed the program with no problems, but I received several security warnings in the process - such as my files could be accessible to others. How secure is this program?

Also, once I "downloaded" the files, I got a notice that the files had been downloaded successfully. However, when I looked at the folder on my desktop, all of the files showed a size of 0 KB. They were there in name only! I had chosen image size as Original URL.

When I tried to log in again, I entered my username, which is my email address, and RapidFetcher kept changing the @ to %40, and wouldn't get the album list.

I tried again, and finally got the album list. When I changed the image size to XXX Large, RapidFetcher downloaded 3 of the 10 files that I wanted, but they were actually very small. I tried again using Original URL, and the small files were replaced by the 0 KB files.

Very frustrating.
    edited February 22, 2010
    How many files were you trying to download? It might just be a network issue.

I have gotten thank-you messages from happy smugmugers who pulled over 3000 photos from the site using this program.

Ram

dak wrote:
    hi, i just downloaded rapid fetcher and it only downloads about half or less than half of my galleries, does anyone no what the problem is?
  • dakdak Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2010
    rapidfetcher
    raam wrote:
    How many files were you trying to download? It might just be a network issue.

I have gotten thank-you messages from happy smugmugers who pulled over 3000 photos from the site using this program.

Ram
    i am trying to download about 210 photos from a gallery. im getting about 72 of the 210
  • kcskys1985kcskys1985 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2010
    Halp :(
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Just don't know what.

Can anyone help me? Here are my problems:

RapidFetcher successfully beings download of my selected gallery, but it only downloads 1 of 843. OR... SAYS it does. But I checked in my designated storage folder and it only auto-creates a new folder called "Other" and inside of that there's a folder named "None" and inside of that there isn't anything.

- I've installed the latest of Adobe Air
    - I'm using Snow Leopard
    - installed what I think is the latest version of rapidfetcher
    - Logged in under my account, not a guest account.
    - All of my galleries appear for selection and I'm able to check my box correctly.
    - The download appears to begin correctly, but nothing really happens.

My 2nd shooter is away in college and I need to download her files from a wedding for a proof disc for my client. This sounds like a perfect way, just can't get it to work for me.

THANKS!!!!!
    I've attached screen shots if that helps!
  • jbmcclainjbmcclain Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 27, 2010
    rapid Fetcher
    Works great. The only thing i see that is a down fall is that it does not hold the photo names. Or maybe i am doing something wrong...

thanks
    jbm
  • pecheneypecheney Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    kcskys1985 wrote:

RapidFetcher successfully beings download of my selected gallery, but it only downloads 1 of 843. OR... SAYS it does. But I checked in my designated storage folder and it only auto-creates a new folder called "Other" and inside of that there's a folder named "None" and inside of that there isn't anything.

- I'm using Snow Leopard
    - All of my galleries appear for selection and I'm able to check my box correctly.

My 2nd shooter is away in college and I need to download her files from a wedding for a proof disc for my client. This sounds like a perfect way, just can't get it to work for me.

THANKS!!!!!

I am getting exct same error in exporer. I tried albumfetcher for first time in a year or so and it was not operating properly and now depracated. Tried this fetcher to no avail as well with same errors as user above. any help/advice is greatly appreciated. I have 250,000 images online all with smugmug and would love to figure this out.
  • jamesjemsjamesjems Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2010
    I'm struggling too...
    I used RAPIDFETCHER before Christmas, before my system crashed and had to be rebuilt. Now, after rebuilding my system, and reinstalling Adobe AIR and Rapidfetcher, the thing won't work:

Symptoms:

Says it's downloading. Finishes the first download. The image does NOT appear in the folder designated for saves...(sigh). Hit the download button again, and number 2 of 272 downloads...but doesn't appear. Have to hit download again for 3 of 272 to download...but it doesn't appear. I have no idea what's going on....thoughts anyone?

thanks,

James
    ne_nau.gif
    edited March 10, 2010
    Sometimes this is just a network issue. Does this problem still persist?
    Ram
    pecheney wrote:
    I am getting exct same error in exporer. I tried albumfetcher for first time in a year or so and it was not operating properly and now depracated. Tried this fetcher to no avail as well with same errors as user above. any help/advice is greatly appreciated. I have 250,000 images online all with smugmug and would love to figure this out.
    edited March 10, 2010
    What OS do you have? Sometimes this is just a network issue. Can you please try again in a couple of hours?

Ram
    jamesjems wrote:
    I used RAPIDFETCHER before Christmas, before my system crashed and had to be rebuilt. Now, after rebuilding my system, and reinstalling Adobe AIR and Rapidfetcher, the thing won't work:

Symptoms:

Says it's downloading. Finishes the first download. The image does NOT appear in the folder designated for saves...(sigh). Hit the download button again, and number 2 of 272 downloads...but doesn't appear. Have to hit download again for 3 of 272 to download...but it doesn't appear. I have no idea what's going on....thoughts anyone?

thanks,

James
    ne_nau.gif
  • KnightofTimeKnightofTime Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2010
    I got RapidFetcher for my laptop, which has Windows 7 on it; the program works great for downloading albums, but...couldn't there be an option added to download only a specific photo or specific photos in an album, please?

Yesterday I was in the middle of downloading an album with a little over 1,400 pics in it, getting them all in the original size, I was up to 1037 yesterday when I had to shut the laptop off for the night (I started the download in the morning, so by 11:30 AST, I was at the 1037th when I shut everything down), now being as downloading the original size of pics can take a couple of minutes each, this whole process took several hours to work on, being as it'd be a little too nerve racking to finish manually downloading the rest of the pics from the album, is there the chance the new feature suggestion I made above could be added, please?

Thank you.
  • imanenigmaimanenigma Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Watermark
    Hi, the downloader worked great, my only concern is it downloaded the photos with the watermark on them. Is that because I downloaded the small size instead of the original?

Thank you...

Great product.

Chris
    edited March 14, 2010
    I will look into including that feature in the next version.

Ram
    I got RapidFetcher for my laptop, which has Windows 7 on it; the program works great for downloading albums, but...couldn't there be an option added to download only a specific photo or specific photos in an album, please?

Yesterday I was in the middle of downloading an album with a little over 1,400 pics in it, getting them all in the original size, I was up to 1037 yesterday when I had to shut the laptop off for the night (I started the download in the morning, so by 11:30 AST, I was at the 1037th when I shut everything down), now being as downloading the original size of pics can take a couple of minutes each, this whole process took several hours to work on, being as it'd be a little too nerve racking to finish manually downloading the rest of the pics from the album, is there the chance the new feature suggestion I made above could be added, please?

Thank you.
    edited March 14, 2010
    The watermark was probably there even on the main site. Please check the small size version on the site.

Ram
    imanenigma wrote:
    Hi, the downloader worked great, my only concern is it downloaded the photos with the watermark on them. Is that because I downloaded the small size instead of the original?

Thank you...

Great product.

Chris
  • KnightofTimeKnightofTime Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2010
    Thank you Ram, looking forward to the new version.
  • dawn5282dawn5282 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2010
    Hi, this is a very handy little program. One question, and my apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious, but is there a way to download Smugmug galleries and preserve the order of photos as they are displayed in the gallery? When I have tried downloading my albums using this program (and previously with Album Fetcher) they get automatically resorted by name order. I can change the Windows folder "arrange by" setting, but none of these options will get me back to the order I had manually arranged in Smugmug. What I would like to be able to do, is to download a gallery to show as a photo slideshow when offline -- but if the photos are out of order, this doesn't work too well.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
  • iltb2000iltb2000 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 29, 2010
    I'm having trouble with "/" in category / subcategory / gallery names
    kcskys1985 wrote:

- I'm using Snow Leopard

THANKS!!!!!

I'm having the same problem - I have category, subcategory and gallery names that have a "/" in them, and the dowloader appears to quietly fail when trying to create the folders to hold the photos. For example, I have a subcategory called "Music/Theater - MPHS", and the app gets as far as creating the category folder, and a subcategory folder called "Music", and then it shows messages on the screen that makes it look like it is downloading the first image, but nothing happens and the gallery folder is never created.

If I download galleries with no slashes in the category, subcategory and gallery name, the downloader works fine.

Would it be possible to do a character substitution so that if people use sensitive characters in their cat/subcat/gallery names (e.g. colon, slash), they are replaced with spaces or underscores?

Thanks!
    Jon

P.S. I'm using v0.28 of RapidFetcher on Windows Vista
  • BrewSwapGuyBrewSwapGuy Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2010
    Hoping this isn't an ID10T error...

Downloaded the program, can open it, pull down my album list but no matter which album I try and download it will not download the photos. It'll create a folder for the category, then a folder called "none" for the subcategory, then the gallery name but in that last folder there are 0KB image files with no actual pics.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help?

Edit: I'm running Windows 7.
  • alldarkalldark Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2010

Downloaded the program, can open it, pull down my album list but no matter which album I try and download it will not download the photos. It'll create a folder for the category, then a folder called "none" for the subcategory, then the gallery name but in that last folder there are 0KB image files with no actual pics.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help?

I have the same problems for certain images and galleries. Some galleries download correctly, others have some photos coming out as 0KB and some where everything is 0KB. The results are the same if I retry on the same of different systems. I have tried rapidfetcher on windows and macs.
  • alldarkalldark Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2010

I was playing around some more and discovered that galleries with external links turned off was causing the issues that we were seeing. I am still not sure about the galleries where some of my pictures ended up 0KB and others were fine.
  • JPetermanJPeterman Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    Download from unlisted galleries?
    Is there any way to make RF download from unlisted galleries? Does anyone know of another piece of software that will do this? I've looked around and I can't find anything. RF seems like one of the best downloaders I've found for SmugMug and the option to see and download unlisted galleries would make it even better!
    edited April 7, 2010
    I don't think the order is preserved even when I get the list of files from SmugMug. Have you ried arranging it by date of creation? The other thing I can think of is naming the file with an index 001_, but that will be cumbersome for you. I can look into it for the next version.

Thanks,
    Ram
    dawn5282 wrote:
    Hi, this is a very handy little program. One question, and my apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious, but is there a way to download Smugmug galleries and preserve the order of photos as they are displayed in the gallery? When I have tried downloading my albums using this program (and previously with Album Fetcher) they get automatically resorted by name order. I can change the Windows folder "arrange by" setting, but none of these options will get me back to the order I had manually arranged in Smugmug. What I would like to be able to do, is to download a gallery to show as a photo slideshow when offline -- but if the photos are out of order, this doesn't work too well.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
    edited April 7, 2010
    I will definitely fix this bug in the next version.

Ram
    iltb2000 wrote:
    I'm having the same problem - I have category, subcategory and gallery names that have a "/" in them, and the dowloader appears to quietly fail when trying to create the folders to hold the photos. For example, I have a subcategory called "Music/Theater - MPHS", and the app gets as far as creating the category folder, and a subcategory folder called "Music", and then it shows messages on the screen that makes it look like it is downloading the first image, but nothing happens and the gallery folder is never created.

If I download galleries with no slashes in the category, subcategory and gallery name, the downloader works fine.

Would it be possible to do a character substitution so that if people use sensitive characters in their cat/subcat/gallery names (e.g. colon, slash), they are replaced with spaces or underscores?

Thanks!
    Jon

P.S. I'm using v0.28 of RapidFetcher on Windows Vista
    edited April 7, 2010
    This problem seems to occur frequently. Let me check into it this weekend.

Ram