SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited February 26, 2015 in Landscapes
Re work of Antelope Canyon image.

2007-11-08-SL-_MG_1588-Edit-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    I suspect this is going to be a Marmite pic ... some shadow areas aren't so far off the right colour, either :)

For me, I think it degrades whatever appeal the original might have had ... is it for someone's bathroom?

pp

edit
    The 'c' word in the title reminded me of this ... albeit nature, not LS

http://blog.northshots.com/2015/02/even-the-branding-is-annoyingly-cute/#more-1736
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2015
    I suspect this is going to be a Marmite pic ... some shadow areas aren't so far off the right colour, either :)

For me, I think it degrades whatever appeal the original might have had ... is it for someone's bathroom?

pp

edit
    The 'c' word in the title reminded me of this ... albeit nature, not LS

http://blog.northshots.com/2015/02/even-the-branding-is-annoyingly-cute/#more-1736

Tell what you really think, don't hold back. :D

Sam
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    I understand the urge to try to make something different other than the standard shots, which have been shot so many times as to become a cliche, but the textures of the rock walls are so integral to the scene, I don't really see the benefit of overprinting them in this way.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2015
    JC wrote: »
    I understand the urge to try to make something different other than the standard shots, which have been shot so many times as to become a cliche, but the textures of the rock walls are so integral to the scene, I don't really see the benefit of overprinting them in this way.

JC,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is exactly what I was looking for......an honest opinion.

It doesn't matter if the comments are positive or negative, I can't see with you eyes, and I don't take it personally.

Sam