Options

distant thunder

catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited March 1, 2015 in Landscapes
this was taken awhile back

16576538392_611880ebee_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2015
    Hello Catcher,

I love these big clouds, maybe because we seldom see them in my corner of the world :D.

I like the light and color on the clouds, but I don't think the power lines add too much.

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2015
    Ditto on the big clouds - and I like how you captured the top of the thunderhead. thumb.gif

You might try cloning out the poles and wires - that may make the image even stronger.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2015
    my first attempt at cloning .. rather laborious task if i might add .. this is the original image before Darktable edit on the first post and yes i noticed i missed a spot in the cloud and the poles in the lower right i was thinking of cropping but overall i think it came out ok smile.png

16430577928_ebae80122c_b.jpg

and final edit

15998841803_182a35db7d_o.jpg
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    Nice job.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited February 22, 2015
    I greatly prefer the second one, not only because of the lack of the wires crossing the comp, but I think the coloring looks better.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    I greatly prefer the second one, not only because of the lack of the wires crossing the comp, but I think the coloring looks better.

I add a version of the second with a few more 'bytes' removed ( a little nerd humor sorry ) and the style of the first added. My goal was to turn down the blue a bit and bring up the red .. looks like that is something i need to work on
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2015
    Yes, it is a laborious task, but so worth it. thumb.gif I actually prefer the blue hue although the cloud in that one is just a little soft - but both images are great.
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    A great environmental image. The power lines don't really bother me as I see this more as a "Photo Journalist" type image. it cause's me to wonder, "how did the storm affect the people of this local.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2015
    Great capture. Wicked and so mean. A pilot's nightmare!!!