edited February 18, 2015
    Welcome to Dgrin, Jason. wave.gif

Is that shot from a drone?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2015
    Welcome aboard, Jason! I'm a Long Island refugee, and I've shot the Jones Beach tower many times, but never from that height!
  • Options
    rdallandrdalland Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2015
    Very cool! Brings back memories, I could see the J.B. tower from the attic window of the house I grew up in.

Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2015
    Welcome to the forum, Jason. That is a really nice shot - I love the colors. thumb.gif

I would bet seeing it in a larger format would be even more impressive. If you would embed the file (using the second icon from the right in the Quick Reply toolbar) rather than attaching it, folks would be able to view it in a larger format.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2015
    Welcome to the forum Jason. clap.gif I also like the colors. I suspect a quadcopter perspective here.
    Phantom 1 or Phantom Vision 2+ perhaps? I have the Vision 2+ but have only done video within a mile or two of the house.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    JasonBellJasonBell Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 19, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Welcome to Dgrin, Jason. wave.gif

Is that shot from a drone?

Yeah David...

Its crazy how now these stock UAVs have a multitude of camera settings.. I have to brush up on my photography skills...
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2015
    Welcome to the forum Jason. clap.gif I also like the colors. I suspect a quadcopter perspective here.
    Phantom 1 or Phantom Vision 2+ perhaps? I have the Vision 2+ but have only done video within a mile or two of the house.

This is with a Vision 2+ .... I usually travel with it in the car, haha.. You never know when there's a photo op..
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum, Jason. That is a really nice shot - I love the colors. thumb.gif

I would bet seeing it in a larger format would be even more impressive. If you would embed the file (using the second icon from the right in the Quick Reply toolbar) rather than attaching it, folks would be able to view it in a larger format.

thanks a lot! If you want, I have a few of my pictures on a site... www.JasonBelsky.com

It should allow you to view in different sizes.