How View Search Results

voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited November 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
How Go To Next Pic In Search Results ?
<hr style="color: rgb(87, 87, 87);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> "Search" displays a number of results, you select one , it takes you to that photo's source gallery. If you then click on "next", you get the next photo in the source gallery - not the next photo in the search results . Any way to fix this so you go to the next photo in the search results .

THANKS for any help,

Marty (dotfur.com) (voicelit)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    voicelit wrote:
    <hr style="color: rgb(87, 87, 87);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> "Search" displays a number of results, you select one , it takes you to that photo's source gallery. If you then click on "next", you get the next photo in the source gallery - not the next photo in the search results . Any way to fix this so you go to the next photo in the search results .

THANKS for any help,

Marty, I don't think that's possible since your are already off of the search results and in a gallery. Still, I'll show this to Baldy who is reworking search stuff as we speak :)
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited July 7, 2008
    voicelit wrote:

THANKS for any help,

That's as annoying as can be. I spent all weekend looking for photos to buy for our walls and also for a slideshow on our home page, and that problem confounded me.

So we're re-working image search so it displays in a gallery style where you get thumbs on the left, a big image on the right, and you get to see comments and the buy button without having to click through.

The other problem with clicking through is you lose the search box to search for a new term because most people don't include it in their customization, and if they did it would only search their site anyway.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2008
    Baldy wrote:
    That's as annoying as can be. I spent all weekend looking for photos to buy for our walls and also for a slideshow on our home page, and that problem confounded me.

So we're re-working image search so it displays in a gallery style where you get thumbs on the left, a big image on the right, and you get to see comments and the buy button without having to click through.

The other problem with clicking through is you lose the search box to search for a new term because most people don't include it in their customization, and if they did it would only search their site anyway.
    Does that mean we'll lose this?

Searching in: mobirds's photos | Other searches: all SmugMug photos

and this?

Galleries Matching
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    How View Search Results. PROGRESS ?
    Any news on when we might expect a change in how view search results ? Is there any CSS, script, hack that can be used until this is fixed in SmugMug ?

Marty
    (http://dotfur.smugmug.com/)

Searching in: mobirds's photos | Other searches: all SmugMug photos

and this?

Galleries Matching
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    voicelit wrote:
    Any news on when we might expect a change in how view search results ? Is there any CSS, script, hack that can be used until this is fixed in SmugMug ?

Marty
    (http://dotfur.smugmug.com/)

any news on this? I'm very interested in clicking on an image in the search results and then being put in a gallery with just the search results to browse through. Searching within the search results might be a nice option to have as well.

Thanks