A Water Mark that Prints?

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited January 12, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Good Day

I have created a custom water mark that I would like to have on 4x6 print that will function as my business card. Does this seem like it should work?

1. Created a PS PNG file as my "custom water mark"
2. Saved as watermark in Smug mug
3. Created a "unprotected", "private" and printable gallery, instructed to use this custom water for all images downloaded to it.
4. Download half a dozen of my favorite images into this gallery.
5. Once downloaded, drag them to my desktop, then re-load them back into the gallery
6. Now my question? If I order these as 4x6 prints will my "custom watermark" appear on the prints (because of the reloading proceedure)?
7. Second Q? Is there a way of customizing the position of the watermark, other than the options Smugmug offers? When I pick any position other than "center", the watermark text appears too close the the print boarder.

This shows to different positions so you can see what i mean.

http://www.wildearthilluminations.com/gallery/2344867/1/122733629

Thanks shane

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    Shane, the only watermark that will print on a photo is one that you put on the original file itself. No SmugMug watermark (even custom ones) will print on your photos. You also can't print a png with SmugMug - it must be a JPG.

To adjust the position, try some "padding" on our png file - space it a bit and that should help you get some breathing room.