Options

Sorting by date

samwisesamwise Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited March 8, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hey there

No matter how many times I adjust the sort order for one of my galleries, it will not accept the sort by date taken option. It changes the order correctly in the organize screen, but after I click <Done> and am returned to the gallery, it still retains the previous sort order.

What am I doing wrong? :scratch

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2016
    Check the sort setting in the gallery settings. That could be overriding anything set in the Organizer.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    brilliantbertbrilliantbert Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2016
    I am having the same problem. The galleries affected are set like all my others in that folder to 'sort by date taken' but refuse to do so and default to sorting by date modified (ie order I processed the pics). I've not changed anything I normally do and like the previous poster when I click on 'sort by date taken' in the organiser they correctly order the thumbnails but revert back as soon as you click 'done'
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2016
    In the gallery change sort then back to by date. See if that kicks it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2016
    No, done that countless times. The thumbnails always show as correctly ordered when you switch it back to 'by date' but then return to 'date modified' as soon as you click done.
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2016
    I've been trying other galleries-this seems to be only a problem for my Smart galleries where it is drawing the pictures from other galleries and has only been occurring for last two weeks.