Options

Sharing of galleries, the workflow

rougetaureaurougetaureau Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited February 29, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble, working out a good workflow for my work in SmugMug. I found a way, but I am still unsatisfied.

I am a location scout in cinema. I work from project to project, with different teams of co-workers for each project. And I have to share my location galleries with some of the co-workers, easily, but privately.

On each project, I have to create different galleries (House 1, House 2, House 3, one gallery each) for multiple sets ("Main character's house" folder, "Bar" folder, etc). These links have to be accessible to my co-workers, without showing the rest of my galleries.

The workflow I found is this:
On the top-level, I create a secure folder ("the project"), public but protected by a password.
Inside this folder, I create a bunch of public folders ("sets"), no protection. And in thiese public folders, I put the galleries/propositions I want the rest of the crew to see.
I give the password to my co-workers on the project, so they can browse easily through the different propositions/sets, without wandering around in my account.
This is working ok. When a project is over, I move back the galleries in my main folder, which only I has access to.

What I would really like is this:
keeping all my galeries in my main, private folder;
being able to create one page, not public, protected by a password.
On this PROJECT page, there are links to other pages and galleries, containing the different propositions I have for each set (one set/page).
The problem I have is: when people go to a gallery, their only way back is the breadcrumb, which reflects the folder/galleries hierarchy, not the page hierarchy. And I have not found a way around this. I can create menus from scratch, but it is a lot of jobs when you have 25/30 sets.

Maybe the folder/gallery thing is the only way to go. Any suggestion?

Comments