ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 21, 2005 in Wildlife
Seen at the beach, Pampered Dog:

40873514-L.jpg

Seen at a very small town marina, dog dogs:

40873549-L.jpg

40873521-L.jpg

40873524-L.jpg

These dogs have assured me that they feed themselves and clean up after themselves.

Cool Dogs,

ginger 10/17/2005
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    1st one is real nice, light, background, pose
    that's a keeper in my book thumb.gif
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    I too really like #1. A great compthumb.gif. I love the last one too, he jsut wants to be petted.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    #3 for me Ginger.. clap.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Hey, Thanks, Ben, Higgs, Labs, for looking and commenting! I love these photos. They are not my dogs, but that makes me even more choosy as to any redeeming features, IMO.

That first one, it is a gorgeous dog. I had trouble deciding which photo to work up. The other two dogs, to me, they are the dogs from the type childhood we all wish we had. I suppose some of us did, but I grew up in the suburbs.

For the most part you don't see just plain dogs about anymore, so I love the nostalgia.

I didn't know where to post them. But the nature thread does say domesticated, and I assume that these are.

Thanks so much for stopping, appreciating and sharing that with me! Makes me happy.:D

ginger (I have #3 in my favorite photos, it is so universally "dog", imo)
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    Ginger one thing I have been using more and more is fill flash because I think it really makes my pups eyes sparkle. Ever think of usingf it?
    edited October 21, 2005
    Yes, about 6 months ago I was using it. I am going to have to send my camera to Canon, I hate to, and I have been putting it off. But using the flash, the Sigma, dedicated to my camera, it threw the on camera flash off.

Now my camera's flash will not pop up. Canon says send it for a month or so. It is under warranty, so I have to. I could do it now, I guess, damn.

Anyway, it has really turned me off of the very idea of flash.
    Kind of a dirty word to me, so many problems have been caused by the darn thing.

However, I was just driving around looking for birds when I saw those dogs. I wouldn't have put the flash on if I had been using it for fill. I usually do that with people, or I did about 6 months ago.

I am terrified that they (Canon) are going to say that I have to pay as it is all my fault with the flash problem, just a major irritant.

thanks for the suggestion, though, I could have opened up that one dog's eyes more in post, and in retrospect, I can see where it would help. However, I will just put the photos up and no one will care a whit. This was their big showing, the photos I mean. I am glad someone noticed them. I really like the dog crawling under the car. They were both cool dogs.

ginger
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 21, 2005
    Love dogs iloveyou.gif

That 1st one is awesome Ginger thumb.gifthumb.gif Too bad that's not your dog. IMO, it deserves to be framed at put up on a wall clap.gif

I like the look of the dog in the last shot too.......lol I've seen that look a lot from my dogs rolleyes1.gif

I noticed you even included a doggie butt shot lol3.gif Us members of BSA (Butt Shooters Anonymous) thank you :D

Very nice work girl,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • LinenLinen Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2005
    ginger I love the last doggy!!! Sweet! I feel for you about sending in the camera..... I think I might buy a backup just in case I have too! Can't go a day without my addiction! So I understand hey what no hug smiley?
    edited October 21, 2005
    Thanks, Steve, I prefer to think of the "butt" shot as a rear legs, whole body low, shot. Love that shot, I do.

Yes, that first dog is a real beauty. The law of Murphy I think it is, if I give out cards to contact me with, I don't get much. But something like this, I have no clue who or where the owner is. Gorgeous dog. And not like my dogs, who wanted to sit on, and sniff, my seashell, this gorgeous dog was down from the light, just a gorgeous situation for a photograph.

Thanks for stopping and commenting.

ginger