Options

Gallery link no longer positions gallery on the selected photo

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
edited November 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
The gallery link on the Get a link page no longer takes you to the selected photo within the gallery. Instead, you are presented wtih the first photo in the gallery.

I've been using this link in my blog for quite a while, and the behavior changed recently (sorry, I can't put my finger on the actual date...)

Here's a link that I copied from Get a link... Gallery: Following this link takes you to the first photo in the gallery, not the photo I selected.

If I change the link by replacing the // with #, then the link takes me to the selected photo within my smugmug-style gallery: I just wandered through my blog and found this form of a link from a post on September 18th: http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/6004803_nYkEi/1/375382491_t9u5E. This was copied directly from the Get a link screen, and this one also takes the viewer to the specified photo. Maybe this provides somewhat of a timeframe for this changed behavior.

Am I missing something here? It appears this behavior was changed recently. Can it be restored to the previous behavior, or will I need to (continue to) alter the link so if someone clicks on a photo in my blog they will be taken to the specified photo in my gallery?

--- Denise

Comments