Options

I am so sorry I could not make this a better photo

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited November 25, 2007 in Technique
I am sorry I could not get this with more quality.:cry

I was in the beginning of the tunnel shooting with my friend, when these young ladies came.

I shot them once, I wanted to shoot them again but they could not, because they were working and they were already late.
At least that was the excuse.:wink

As I was not prepared I used a too low speed.

I was supposed to use 200 ISO and I think it would be enough because the girls would be with the flash on in second curtain.

If I had time and re-re-re-shoot I would have captured a very beautiful picture with the name of the circuit on the wall.

The composition also is not one of the best here. The end of the tunnel shouldn't be there but at the third...

I am so sorry I could not make this a better photo ...
:cry

210519092-L.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    Dude, how could you not to switch to ISO High eek7.gif :bash
    Man, you euro guys are lucky...mwink.gifthumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Dude, how could you not to switch to ISO High eek7.gif :bash
    Man, you euro guys are lucky...mwink.gifthumb.gif

Nikolai.
    I didn't see the girls at the end of the tunnel because, beeing at it's beginning, I was helping my friend to change ISO :D and breaketing while he was using my tripod.
    When I looked up the girls were too near to be shot.
    I asked them to go back and they agreed.
    When I shot I heard the click and I knew then that I was using a lauzy slow speed and I had to repeat the shot.
    The rest of the story you know it already.
    :D
  • Options
    ColzColz Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 19, 2007
    Antonio, I think the flash should have stopped the girls (the action). Next time you are shooting in a tunnel, be sure to have your flash on and ready. I am not sure what ISO you were using, but with a flash, you should have gotten something with more clarity. This is unforgivable. You seem to be agonizing over this missed shot but I suggest you frequent this tunnel until - Hopefully, you will come away with some better next time. Always be ready for the unexpected.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    Colz wrote:
    Antonio, I think the flash should have stopped the girls (the action). Next time you are shooting in a tunnel, be sure to have your flash on and ready. I am not sure what ISO you were using, but with a flash, you should have gotten something with more clarity. This is unforgivable. You seem to be agonizing over this missed shot but I suggest you frequent this tunnel until - Hopefully, you will come away with some better next time. Always be ready for the unexpected.

Colz.
    Thank you for your advice.
    I will do as you say.bowdown.gif
    But let me also suggest you something: don't write with these black letters. It's a drag to read. And I use a Mac ! :D

Thank you and welcome to Digital Grin!clap.gif
    :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Colz wrote:
    Sometimes that's easier said than done. At any given moment I have an entire case of gear and am knee deep in shooting. I have had some great shots thatwill never be seen because I didn't have something dialed in. Better to have a half good shot than no shot at all since your were messing w/ your gear.
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    The tunnel itself is very colorful and makes a nice and interesting location. I agree return visits would be worthwhile.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Sometimes that's easier said than done...
    15524779-Ti.gif
    It's like that very often. That's why we have to be carefull when we criticize other people's work.

It is very easy to say: I don't like this and that, you should have done this and that.
    This is the reason - or one of them - I am so critical about my own pictures.
    And I am always aware.

You know, it's like when you drive and you follow another car.
    The car turn right but, no turnning signal.

You say: Well, he didn't make the signal. Asshole. Derfrfv km. fdhuifirfi.###ltylgl. etc.FLIPA.gifFLIPA.gif

Some minutes later you do exactly the same thing.
    The problem is that you don't remember what you thought and said about the other.

Let's assume our errors and pass them to the others.
    Then, the others will have the opportunity to learn with us.

I don't know if or when I will be in that tunnel again.
    I don't even know - when I'll be there - if there will be 2 girls waiting for me to shoot.
    I will wait for some moments and try my chance. Ready. With flash, tripod and all the stuff I can carry in my back.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    bham wrote:
    The tunnel itself is very colorful and makes a nice and interesting location. I agree return visits would be worthwhile.

No doubt. No doubt.
    However it is not that easy ! ...
    And I am sorry for that.:D
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Worth the effort
    If I had any hint those two beauties might be walking through that tunnel at the same time each day, I'd make it my business to be there:D
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    If I had any hint those two beauties might be walking through that tunnel at the same time each day, I'd make it my business to be there:D

Sorry. I am here first. wings.gif
    And I am not going to tell you where it is.
    Oh boy. I do have said that before I think... Dam ...
  • Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    I didn't see the girls at the end of the tunnel
    What happened to your Spidey sense?! Every guy has it. In this situation I'd
    suddenly get a glazed look, mutter "must change ISO" to my friend and change
    the ISO before I even knew why I was changing it. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2007
    pyrtek wrote:
    What happened to your Spidey sense?! Every guy has it. In this situation I'd
    suddenly get a glazed look, mutter "must change ISO" to my friend and change
    the ISO before I even knew why I was changing it. ;)

Even very clever guys - like myself - fail. :cry

rolleyes1.gifroflthumb.gif
  • Options
    JovesJoves Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Even very clever guys - like myself - fail. :cry

rolleyes1.gifroflthumb.gif
    AH! Dont feel bad, I cant count how many times I have screwed the pooch on shots.11doh.gif
    I shoot therefore Iam.
    http://joves.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Glenn NKGlenn NK Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Never noticed this thread until now. However, it's timely for me as there is a thread "somewhere else" that's getting into this very topic of "technicality" and "creativity".

Very stunning ladies in an interesting setting - this somewhat transcends the technical shortcomings. The double images on the legs (while it lessens my pleasure for their beautiful legsmwink.gif ), adds to the feeling of movement.

I would not throw it away. Might try some PP to "fix" the end of the tunnel if possible.

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Glenn
    "There is nothing that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man’s lawful prey". John Ruskin 1819 - 1900
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Joves wrote:
    AH! Dont feel bad, I cant count how many times I have screwed the pooch on shots.11doh.gif

• Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Glenn NK wrote:
    Never noticed this thread until now. However, it's timely for me as there is a thread "somewhere else" that's getting into this very topic of "technicality" and "creativity".

Very stunning ladies in an interesting setting - this somewhat transcends the technical shortcomings. The double images on the legs (while it lessens my pleasure for their beautiful legsmwink.gif ), adds to the feeling of movement.

I would not throw it away. Might try some PP to "fix" the end of the tunnel if possible.

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Glenn

I didn't throw it away and I have already made some PP at the end of the tunnel because someone was there and cloned him.

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    I'm impressed you were able to hold the camera as still as you did! mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    I'm impressed you were able to hold the camera as still as you did! mwink.gif

I usually in these circunstances - of low speed - keep my breath and force my arms against myself...
    I was also leaning agains the wall...:D
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    I thought the subject matter was the more likely cause of any tremor. :D
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    I thought the subject matter was the more likely cause of any tremor. :D

But it is the subject that made me lean against the wall ... mwink.gif