Options

Problems with all galleries - thumbnails - none

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited May 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I can't get any of my galleries to load. IE or Firefox. I also did a general search for mustang to hit photos on other people's sites and found this one to test: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/14543#481934 No dice there either. I get the page with no images at all. Just a very tiny dot that looks like a link but does nothing. However if you click on delete bulk photos or arrange photos, you'll see the images in your gallery...they're there. Just not showing on the regular gallery pages.

What's up?

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    I can't get any of my galleries to load. IE or Firefox. I also did a general search for mustang to hit photos on other people's sites and found this one to test: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/14543#481934 No dice there either. I get the page with no images at all. Just a very tiny dot that looks like a link but does nothing. However if you click on delete bulk photos or arrange photos, you'll see the images in your gallery...they're there. Just not showing on the regular gallery pages.

What's up?
    Working fine for me in Firefox and IE. I don't know whether something is now fixed or if it's just happening to some people/browsers.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    kygarden wrote:

What's up?

I'm at school on a dell pc w/winxp , ie6 and cannot see any images in any of your galleries either..... ne_nau.gif
    your catagory page shows the images - but when clicked on to enter any gallery's there are no thumbs - :cry - your header is visible - but thats it-
    it looks to be replicating your results to a 'tee' as you've described......deal.gif
    rich56k

holy begeevers batman...i just checked mine, it's same situation on my site and jfriends!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry

:cry :cry HELP!!!:cry :cry

Ivar, same with yours and Harryb's - however David's (devbobo) yours is OK ?!?!?!
    ne_nau.gifne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :cry headscratch.gifne_nau.gifne_nau.gif
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    Can someone PLEASE address this right away? Since I can confirm now it's happening to other people, it can't be my problem. I will check at work this morning too - using totally different computer and internet connection and see what happens there.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    Can someone PLEASE address this right away? Since I can confirm now it's happening to other people, it can't be my problem. I will check at work this morning too - using totally different computer and internet connection and see what happens there.

WOW this is very weird - i'm in a computer lab at a comm. college and all the 10 computers are identical - and all thru the same broadband modem - so i tried from a different dell (next to the first one) and now all the above sites are workingne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gif inc. kygardens
    back to the first and still no thumbs?!?!?!?1

this is way over my head!!

rich56k
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    I can see your galleries ok. The title goes missing on occasions though.

Nothing wrong with my galleries, but then I can't do any customization :D
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    WOW this is very weird - i'm in a computer lab at a comm. college and all the 10 computers are identical - and all thru the same broadband modem - so i tried from a different dell (next to the first one) and now all the above sites are workingne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gif inc. kygardens
    back to the first and still no thumbs?!?!?!?1

this is way over my head!!

rich56k
    Delete all the smugmug cookies on the first machine. A shift-reload of a page may also help.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Delete all the smugmug cookies on the first machine. A shift-reload of a page may also help.

BigAl,

OK I deleted ALL cookies and cleared history on '1st ' machine now we're back to normal - woo whoo!! thumb.gifwings.gifthumb.gif
    Thanks!! :D
    rich56k

(kygarden's ok too!!)
    but that was kinda scary for a minute- how many customers will know to 'clear cookies?' :cry ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    Works fine here at work on my laptop with IE 7, Firefox and Opera. I have my firefox browser set to delete all cookies when I close it so there shouldn't have been any saved cookies in firefox when I viewed it from home. I don't clear my cookies on IE though. If no one can find any other problems, I guess I'll try it again at home and see what happens.

One thing I noticed at work...it does work here, but I notice when the gallery page first loads there's a brief instance where the page looks like it does when I'm at home and it's not working. I see the core of the page and no images or content down where the thumbnails and main image loads...then it finishes loading and all the tumbs appear along with the main first image. So it's as if something isn't totally loading at home when it's not working. Hope that helps as far as describing the problem.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    but that was kinda scary for a minute- how many customers will know to 'clear cookies?' :cry ne_nau.gif
    This has been worrying me too. There is something seriously fishy in the new interface.

Glad you got sorted out though.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    SOLVED - What it was...
    I recently installed CA Security Center from Computer Associates. The ad blocking feature was causing the the images not to load. I played with it until I hit the right one that caused the problem. Turning off the "Pop-Up/Pop-Under" ad blocker fixed my problem.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    I recently installed CA Security Center from Computer Associates. The ad blocking feature was causing the the images not to load. I played with it until I hit the right one that caused the problem. Turning off the "Pop-Up/Pop-Under" ad blocker fixed my problem.
    Thanks for sharing, this is good to know thumb.gif glad you are all sorted.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Thanks for sharing, this is good to know thumb.gif glad you are all sorted.

No problem. I figure it's always good to know why something happens. It baffled me since I wasn't blocking any cookies from Smugmug...but apparently when that page loads it must look sort of like a pop-up or pop-under to the ad blocker software. Once I confirmed it only happened at home I knew it had to be something to do with the firewall, cookie or ad blocking that's all part of that software package.