Options

Sales e-mail

JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
edited August 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I can't find a thread about it, prolly just blind, but I got to say :clap to SM for the e-mail notification of sales.

James.

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    I can't find a thread about it, prolly just blind, but I got to say clap.gif to SM for the e-mail notification of sales.

James.
    they do that? ..... I mean: YES, THEY DO THAT.... since when? clap.gif
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    I can't find a thread about it, prolly just blind, but I got to say clap.gif to SM for the e-mail notification of sales.

James.
    wave.gif Hi James!
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    The emails are an absolute riot too!!!

They say:
    Who loves ya baby? _______________ just ordered your photos!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi James!

wave.gif Yeah, I'm still alive..... for now.

James.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2006
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    wave.gif Yeah, I'm still alive..... for now.

James.
    Schools back in session soon, yeah?
  • Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Emails back to customers...
    JamesJWeg wrote:

James.

For those of you who contact the customer after each sale -- I was just curious if you could post what you send them to help those who may want to start following up after each sale.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Schools back in session soon, yeah?

started 8/3 us techies don't see the light of day for a few weeks before and after the start date.

james
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2006
    jh4wvu wrote:
    For those of you who contact the customer after each sale -- I was just curious if you could post what you send them to help those who may want to start following up after each sale.

Thanks,
    Chris

I wait couple weeks and drop them a non-form e-mail asking if they got the prints ok and are happy with them.

James.
  • Options
    Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    On a related note... how does one collect the fees from sold pictures on your account?
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2006
    On a related note... how does one collect the fees from sold pictures on your account?
    Here you go!
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/reporting
  • Options
    Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Thanks Andy
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    jh4wvu wrote:

Thanks,
    Chris

I simply say....

Hi __________
    Thank you very much for your recent order. I hope that you are 100% in love with your portraits. Once you have received your order please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at ______________.

Also, if you could please take a moment to sign my Guest Book at ______________ and let others know of your experience and satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for choosing ________________ and enjoy your newest memories.

abd then I add my sig with all contact info