• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Pro Sales Support Lifetime Pro Account Cancelled for Non-Profits

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 2  of  2
1 2
Old Nov-08-2012, 01:57 PM
paulbrock is offline paulbrock
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by onethumb View Post
Assuming there aren't any hiccups (again, still checking), I plan to fully re-institute the lifetime policy for verified, registered non-profit organizations so they can continue the good work they do for the rest of us.
If its re-instated, my opinion of Smugmug will shoot back up. Here's hoping. (yeah, I get that there might be tax/legal reasons, fair enough)

The non-profit I work with is a theatre group, which works with kids from all backgrounds, particularly socially excluded. They have two part-time staff that work non-stop and the kids love it. I give my time as a photographer to them for free and suggested by selling the photos to parents through Smugmug they could make a bit of extra cash, without having the extra work of trying to self-fulfil orders. We set everything up, I spent time showing the staff how it worked and they got approval from their board of trustees to sell photographs as a revenue stream. Three months later the pro price plan increase was announced.

The price rise really screwed us up; it went from a "if we're careful we should make a bit more money" to "there's no way we'll even cover the cost of the subscription".

angelshed.smugmug.com
Old Nov-08-2012, 03:21 PM
McQ is offline McQ
Grinning From Ear To Ear
Quote:
We're still making sure we have all of our ducks in a row, but I believe what happened is an employee (who's no longer here) made a change to this policy two years ago that I wasn't aware of. Instead of lifetime accounts, non-profits were being offered first-year-free or discounted years.

I feel strongly that this was a bad decision. If I'd known about it, I'd have stopped it. Now that I know, I intend to. I feel like we (SmugMug) have a responsibility to help organizations that are trying to help their communities, and this is one of the ways we can do that.

Assuming there aren't any hiccups (again, still checking), I plan to fully re-institute the lifetime policy for verified, registered non-profit organizations so they can continue the good work they do for the rest of us.

Sorry for the confusion, it's not just me building this company any more, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention, and please keep doing so - I try, every day, to do what's right for our customers, long term, above all else. I can't do that without great feedback from all of you.

Thanks again.
This is a direct, honest, and much appreciated response. I'd love to see more of these, especially in the places where they're still badly needed.

It would go a long way to repairing a damaged reputation.

http://mcq.smugmug.com
Old Nov-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Major grins
quick bump to see if there's any more news on this please...
Old Dec-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Major grins
And again please, any news?
Old Dec-10-2012, 01:11 PM
onethumb is offline onethumb
SmugMug CEO & Chief Geek
I'm happy to confirm that verified non-profits will continue to receive free, lifetime accounts.

Enjoy!
Old Dec-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Johnnycb is offline Johnnycb
Big grins
This is great news as I have donated my time at no cost for the last 5 years with a NPO that serves our troops families as well as our local disadvantaged school kids and their families.

Johnny

Quote:
I'm happy to confirm that verified non-profits will continue to receive free, lifetime accounts.

Enjoy!
Old Dec-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Lindy is offline Lindy
SmugMug Support Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycb View Post
This is great news as I have donated my time at no cost for the last 5 years with a NPO that serves our troops families as well as our local disadvantaged school kids and their families.

Johnny
Hey Johnny, for you, and the others who find this post, we're pretty excited, too. We'll need for you to visit this page and complete and submit the form so we can get you hooked up: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/98093

Enjoy!!
Old Dec-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Major grins
Quote:

Enjoy!
Fab news! Thanks for the update
Old Dec-16-2012, 06:54 PM
waywardfool is offline waywardfool
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Hey Johnny, for you, and the others who find this post, we're pretty excited, too. We'll need for you to visit this page and complete and submit the form so we can get you hooked up: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/98093

Enjoy!!
What's the turn-around time after a request? I filled out the form last Tuesday. Just wondering how long to wait to find out if approved??

Thanks,
Old Jun-27-2013, 05:58 AM
ecfinn is offline ecfinn
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post

Enjoy!!
Just bringing this topic back to the top as it appears the page linked above here indicates the free lifetime pro membership is no longer available again. We are back to getting a discount on the first year pro subscription.
Old Jun-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Daniel UK is online now Daniel UK
Big grins
I don't think it was updated after the announcement.
Old Jul-04-2013, 11:14 AM
mbonocore is offline mbonocore
SmugMug DGrin Community Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecfinn View Post
Just bringing this topic back to the top as it appears the page linked above here indicates the free lifetime pro membership is no longer available again. We are back to getting a discount on the first year pro subscription.
Hi Ecfinn,

Can you please email me at mbonocore@smugmug.com so I can forward you over to the Support Hero who handles all Non Profit organizations?

Thank you!

Michael
Old Oct-19-2013, 05:59 AM
nine22 is offline nine22
Big grins
Quote:

Enjoy!
Did this get changed again? I was about to refer your service to a local non-profit and found this page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/98093 which was updated July 2013 and once again states first year only.
Old Oct-27-2013, 08:22 AM
ian408 is offline ian408
More wag. Less Bark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine22 View Post
Did this get changed again? I was about to refer your service to a local non-profit and found this page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/98093 which was updated July 2013 and once again states first year only.
Looks like the page was updated on 25 Oct 2013.
Old Nov-17-2013, 08:40 PM
nine22 is offline nine22
Big grins
Quote:

Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Looks like the page was updated on 25 Oct 2013.
Awesome :)
Tell The World!  
Tags
account , non-profit