• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Embed Facebook Status Feed on Website

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old May-07-2012, 01:54 PM
tjgrant is offline tjgrant OP
Big grins
Embed Facebook Status Feed on Website
Not a SM question per se, but I'm sure someone here will know... how can I embed my Facebook status feed into my SM site? I just want my status updates to show, probably just the past 5 of them or so. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. You guys are great.
Old May-07-2012, 02:47 PM
J Allen is offline J Allen
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgrant View Post
Not a SM question per se, but I'm sure someone here will know... how can I embed my Facebook status feed into my SM site? I just want my status updates to show, probably just the past 5 of them or so. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. You guys are great.

Facebook offers lots of plugins that you can embed...find one you like here, then copy the code they give you and paste it wherever you want it to show on your site...be sure to use html tags...fro example, if you want it on your homepage you could add the code to your bio-box:

Code:
<html>

facebook code here

</html>
Old May-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Allen View Post
Facebook offers lots of plugins that you can embed...find one you like here, then copy the code they give you and paste it wherever you want it to show on your site...be sure to use html tags...fro example, if you want it on your homepage you could add the code to your bio-box:
Thanks for your reply. I had seen those plugins but none of them are what i want. I want to just show my Facebook status updates, similar to how you can plug in your twitter feed to a website (http://is.gd/cps5DE). Those plugins are more for other people liking and sharing and commenting on my SM pages.

The alternative is I display my Twitter feeds but I'd prefer to display FB feeds since they are more than 140 characters.
Old May-07-2012, 04:21 PM
J Allen is offline J Allen
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgrant View Post
Thanks for your reply. I had seen those plugins but none of them are what i want. I want to just show my Facebook status updates, similar to how you can plug in your twitter feed to a website (http://is.gd/cps5DE). Those plugins are more for other people liking and sharing and commenting on my SM pages.

The alternative is I display my Twitter feeds but I'd prefer to display FB feeds since they are more than 140 characters.

That's pretty simple...can you post a link to your FB page and I link to your SM page
Old May-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Allen View Post
That's pretty simple...can you post a link to your FB page and I link to your SM page
Here is a sample FB page with a test status that I just made: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001133280404
Old Oct-02-2012, 10:45 AM
HeatherPinz is offline HeatherPinz
Beginner grinner
Hey TJ, sort of an old post but in case you're still looking there are some tools out there that can embed Facebook feeds or other social media channels (such as Instagram/Twitter/Flickr etc) on your site in quite an elegant format... especially good for photos and visual content. A tool like Postano (linked above) is a good tool for that, and I'm sure there are others as well.
Tell The World!