• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Gear Digital Darkroom CS6 is official

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 2  of  2
1 2
Old Apr-23-2012, 10:14 AM
divamum is offline divamum
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
If you have a decent computer - it is so worth it. ACR7.x alone is like heaven compared to what you have with CS3...
The "decent computer" part might be a sticking point Although, that said, maybe it will be a case of upgrading computer and software together; both were on my "list" of things to try and achieve this year anyway, if I can.

Is LR3 running ACR7, or am I now a generation adrift?
Old Apr-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Bicameral
When is it shipping?
Old Apr-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Nikolai is offline Nikolai
Darth SLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
When is it shipping?
Availability date is May 7. Or so they say...
member: NAPP, PPA, partner: Adobe
Comprehending life, universe and everything - one pixel at a time
Old Apr-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Dan7312 is offline Dan7312
Major grins
At Adobe Creative Cloud kick off they said that current users of CS3,4, or 5 products can subscribe to the entire suite for $30 a month. That's PS (extended), LR, Premiere, and .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by divamum View Post
Now this interests me. I've avoided upggrading from CS3 simply because it has always been so expensive, but this might be just the ticket. Watching this one for sure......
Old Apr-23-2012, 11:01 AM
basflt is offline basflt
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by divamum View Post

Is LR3 running ACR7, or am I now a generation adrift?
ACR6
you can check by ; Help > about adobe lichtroom
in the pop-up it says ACR version below LR version
Old Apr-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Bicameral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
Availability date is May 7. Or so they say...
Perfect, that's my bday
Old Apr-26-2012, 09:15 AM
NikonsandVstroms is offline NikonsandVstroms
*and Olympus
So now Adobe will own my soul

I'm not too mad, I was planning on having to pay for edge/muse monthly so for ~double that I'll get the full suite and the cloud. Plus this gives me even more of an excuse to finally get a tablet!

Also I know this is a photo forum but does anyone know of videos showing more of the web tools? Most CS6 videos I'm finding are photo/video related.

Last edited by NikonsandVstroms; Apr-26-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old May-06-2012, 11:51 AM
all5duggans is offline all5duggans
Big grins
So I have a question, and if it seems rudimentary, I apologize in advance.

If the price is a hurdle for the latest and greatest from Adobe, why not use an education verification to get it in a much more appealing price? My daughter is a college student, and she also uses it for school, so we got the CS5 package for 189.00. I believe we paid about 89.00 for LR3. Everyone knows someone who has a college student, so why not take advantage of the pricing they offer for students/teachers?
Old May-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Sventekoz is online now Sventekoz
Major grins
Interestingly, our government has announced an investigation into predatory pricing practices by international software companies, mainly Adobe and Symantec. Since Adobe has been the worst offender by far (routinely charging 80% and higher in Australia), they're the first target. Their response has been to drop the price premium in Australia to 'only' 30% - 40%. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they soon start treating their Australian customers fairly by charging them the same as everyone else for the same downloaded product.
Old May-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Richard is online now Richard
Mildly bemused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Perfect, that's my bday

And, yeah, CS6 is now shipping.
Old May-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Major grins
Looks like Adobe Cloud has slipped to May 11, at least that's what my order says. It used to say May 8. We'll see tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

And, yeah, CS6 is now shipping.
Old May-07-2012, 01:40 PM
bgarland is offline bgarland
Major grins
Downloaded the CS6 upgrade (was on CS4) and installed it on my two systems. The installs went smoothly but I haven't had time to play with CS6 yet.

http://bgarland.smugmug.com/
Old Aug-30-2012, 03:30 PM
jww is offline jww
UniverseUnderConstruction
Anyone with Cloud have any updates? How is it working for them.. any downsides?

I have CS5 Master Suite and considering Cloud. For the most part because of the expense since I didn't jump on CS5.5. They want to charge me over like $1100 or something to go to CS6 Master Suite! Yeah I can tell it is a better deal, but I guess I am really dumbfounded at why is it so much cheaper? I don't get DVD's when I've upgraded before. ...so it is almost the same from that standpoint. I guess I am a skeptic... what is the catch!!?? ;)

A few other questions if anyone can help. Does the Cloud stuff pull over your info like from Dreamweaver i.e the site manager info? ...but maybe that would be better for a nice chat session with Adobe. lol

One thing that sorta is cool, but sucks is I already purchased LR 4.0 and I guess Cloud CS6 comes with LR 4.0. ARRRRGH!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by jww; Aug-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old Aug-30-2012, 07:34 PM
babowc is offline babowc
Casual amateur photog
I'm pretty new to PP and I don't think I've used the CS5 enough.. mainly due to the fact that I've been doing almost everything in LR.
Old Sep-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Major grins
I'm using creative cloud. For apps like photoshop or premiere it's really not any different than buying the products outright. Once you subscription is active you go to a web page and pick the products you want and they are installed locally.

Assuming you are using a few of the products and you typically upgrade when a new version comes out then the creative cloud is less expensive.

Also on the last update Adobe said that some of the features that were added would not be added to the stand alone versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww View Post
Anyone with Cloud have any updates? How is it working for them.. any downsides?
Old Sep-02-2012, 06:49 PM
jww is offline jww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan7312 View Post
I'm using creative cloud. For apps like photoshop or premiere it's really not any different than buying the products outright. Once you subscription is active you go to a web page and pick the products you want and they are installed locally.

Assuming you are using a few of the products and you typically upgrade when a new version comes out then the creative cloud is less expensive.

Also on the last update Adobe said that some of the features that were added would not be added to the stand alone versions.
Cool! Thanks so much for that!

I use most of the entire Adobe Master Suite as I am usually into many different mixed media projects. Even Premier and After Effects! I just couldn't believe it could be that much cheaper. Glad to hear it is really not any different!!

I really appreciate your input!
Old Sep-03-2012, 07:55 PM
PedalGirl is offline PedalGirl
Major grins
I subscribed to the cloud service as soon as Lr4 was added (was running on LR3 and PS Elements)... thanks to the cloud, the full suite of up to date software is available to me and I couldn't be happier! I'm now learning about Illustrator too!
Old Sep-03-2012, 08:29 PM
jww is offline jww
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalGirl View Post
I subscribed to the cloud service as soon as Lr4 was added (was running on LR3 and PS Elements)... thanks to the cloud, the full suite of up to date software is available to me and I couldn't be happier! I'm now learning about Illustrator too!
That is cool! They have a ton of awesome products for sure. I have been wonderfully blessed having the Master Suite for so long. Having a shot at it all cheaper just stuns me and keep thinking "ok.. what is the catch?!"

...however as I already bought LR4 since it was always separate, I am more happy long run for the next version rather than the current one. lol

Really appreciate your comments!! :)
Tell The World!