• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Wide Angle Mind Your Own Business What questions should I ask?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old May-07-2012, 12:17 PM
LRussoPhoto is offline LRussoPhoto OP
Major grins
What questions should I ask?
I was approached by an organization who is having a mud run style race and would like me to photograph it. They had this event last year as well and I contacted the organization prior and asked if they minded if I came and took photos and then sold them on my Smugmug site and they said it was fine. I shot the event and was happy with the sales and the organization was very happy with the quality of my photos.
So I was just contacted by them and asked to set up a meeting to discuss me shooting this years events. I have shot a hand full of these types of events over the past year as well as shooting many motocross style events over the past few years. All pretty much by contacting the promoter and asking to shoot these events and selling the images on my own. I have never been paid a fee to shoot an event.
So my questions are, how do I come up with a fee and more importantly what questions should I ask the organizers of this event in order to figure out a rate to charge.
To clarify, I am a one man show with 2 cameras, with one 70-200 2.8 and one 18-200 3.5-5.6.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
Tell The World!