• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Documentary Past Present Future

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May-05-2012, 07:26 PM
#1
rainbow is offline rainbow OP
Major grins
Past Present Future



I shot this today for the current Mini Challenge #141. Reposting here.
Old May-05-2012, 08:22 PM
#2
michswiss is offline michswiss
Stuffed Animal
Rainbow, just wanted to say: That's not trick photography, just good photography.
Old May-07-2012, 03:54 AM
#3
Quincy T is offline Quincy T
from ear to ear
Quincy T's Avatar
This is just crazy interesting. Did you wait for this or just happen upon it? It's not really an image with a profound message of any kind, at least to me, but it is a gorgeous example of the photographer creating a fantasy in the image using only the world before him.

:
__________________

Old May-07-2012, 04:56 AM
#4
lensmole is offline lensmole
Major grins
lensmole's Avatar
I agree with all of the above,I especially like the expression of the person on the right . Excellent work !
Old May-07-2012, 05:08 AM
#5
lizzard_nyc is offline lizzard_nyc
Zygote Grinner
lizzard_nyc's Avatar
This is pretty cool Rainbow. It's funny my immediate reaction to the shot was composite, then I remembered I was in street and that it was yours :)
So I have to ask, did you "see" this as you took it or did you only realize when you were working on the images back home (that happens to me quite often).
__________________
Liz A.
_________
Old May-07-2012, 05:53 PM
#6
rainbow is offline rainbow OP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by michswiss View Post
Rainbow, just wanted to say: That's not trick photography, just good photography.
Thank you! I consider it high praise from you and appreciate the follow through on looking at the MC.

(For those unfamiliar, this MC is to capture a "trick photo" in a single frame without using post-processing tools for the effect.)
Old May-07-2012, 05:56 PM
#7
rainbow is offline rainbow OP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy T View Post
This is just crazy interesting. Did you wait for this or just happen upon it? It's not really an image with a profound message of any kind, at least to me, but it is a gorgeous example of the photographer creating a fantasy in the image using only the world before him.

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensmole View Post
I agree with all of the above,I especially like the expression of the person on the right . Excellent work !
Thanks for looking and commenting! I was chasing this as a "reflection shot" and did wait for the expression of the middle face. The rest has some luck to it as well. I believe the woman on the right is looking at my reflection straight into the lens.
Old May-07-2012, 06:01 PM
#8
rainbow is offline rainbow OP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard_nyc View Post
This is pretty cool Rainbow. It's funny my immediate reaction to the shot was composite, then I remembered I was in street and that it was yours :)
So I have to ask, did you "see" this as you took it or did you only realize when you were working on the images back home (that happens to me quite often).
Thanks for realizing that I would not kneel so low as to post a composite...

So the planned part of the photo was the middle face inside the store. I discovered that her face would quickly disappear completely if the focus were off due to the strong outside reflection. So I switched to manual focus and waited (and moved) to get her expression as seen. The other two are the serendipitous delight that I experienced on viewing at home (like for you, this occurs often in street as I am so locked in on my subject while life occurs around us... )
Old May-07-2012, 07:42 PM
#9
torags is online now torags
Major grins
Well done, this should fare pretty well in the competition

Good luck
__________________
Rags
Old May-07-2012, 09:08 PM
#10
rainbow is offline rainbow OP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by torags View Post
Well done, this should fare pretty well in the competition

Good luck
Thanks!
Old May-08-2012, 12:56 AM
#11
damonff is offline damonff
film
very cool
Old May-08-2012, 05:38 PM
#12
rainbow is offline rainbow OP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonff View Post
very cool
Thanks!
Tell The World!  
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The past tense ravic Holy Macro 4 Sep-08-2008 03:23 AM
How do I find my own past orders? ShutterMom SmugMug Pro Sales Support 2 Aug-11-2008 10:57 PM
Deer walking past me IraRunyan Wildlife 2 Aug-10-2008 11:49 AM
Question for past 10D owners John Mueller The Big Picture 6 Feb-04-2005 07:45 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump