• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Pros can insert their own Contact Links

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 24  of  33
Old May-01-2012, 07:46 PM
eric-holmes is offline eric-holmes
Major grins
Crap, I changed my default address and not that one. Got it!
Old May-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Major grins
Contact form not working on my iPhone. Anyone ran into this?
Old May-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Chris Ocean is offline Chris Ocean
Coolest Last Name Ever
Works for me...
Old May-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Major grins
Try mine?
Old May-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Chris Ocean is offline Chris Ocean
Coolest Last Name Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-holmes View Post
Try mine?
Nope, just keeps re-directing me back to your main page.
It pops up the box for like less than a half a second, then re-directs
Old May-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Major grins
Yes, that's what I does for me too.
Old May-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Major grins
Any more advice for my contact link not working on an iPhone? I deleted this CSS script but it still doesn't work after deleted so I added it back. Ideas?

Quote:
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Picture
------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

#contactUsPanelBD .photo img {display: none;}
#contactUsPanelBD .photo {background: url(/photos/i-3JRJ7VV/0/O/i-3JRJ7VV.jpg) no-repeat; height: 400px; width: 266px;}
#contactUsPanelBD .contactOwnerLeftcol {margin-left: 5px; width: auto;}
Old May-05-2012, 03:15 PM
ClubFlys is offline ClubFlys
The Professional Amateur
Hello,

I've added the required script to the proper section. I've hidden the footer contact button. I've added the link to my Easy Customizer Navbar. I've updated the "panelTitle" to reflect "Contact Lasher Photography" yet its not working. When clicking on the "Contact Me" link from my navbar, I am redirected to my Homepage. I am guessing maybe a JS error somewhere but can not find where it is going wrong.

Can someone assist?

Old May-05-2012, 08:31 PM
jfriend is offline jfriend OP
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlys View Post
Hello,

I've added the required script to the proper section. I've hidden the footer contact button. I've added the link to my Easy Customizer Navbar. I've updated the "panelTitle" to reflect "Contact Lasher Photography" yet its not working. When clicking on the "Contact Me" link from my navbar, I am redirected to my Homepage. I am guessing maybe a JS error somewhere but can not find where it is going wrong.

Can someone assist?

This part of your code is not working properly which is causing an error and preventing other things form working. You will need to remove or fix this. I would suggest removing it for now and see if the other things start working:

Code:
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-4225314-6");
pageTracker._initData();
pageTracker._trackPageview();
Always include a link to your site when posting a question
Old May-05-2012, 09:08 PM
The Professional Amateur
Ah damn, Google analytics would be the culprit. I'll remove and report how it does. Thank you!
Old May-05-2012, 10:00 PM
The Professional Amateur
Worked like a charm! Thanks. The Google Analytics was the problem. I gotta see if there is an updated code or maybe it's not compatible with SM.
Old May-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlys View Post
Worked like a charm! Thanks. The Google Analytics was the problem. I gotta see if there is an updated code or maybe it's not compatible with SM.
Smugmug has direct support for Google Analytics in the control panel. All you have to do is enter your GA code there.
Old May-05-2012, 10:19 PM
The Professional Amateur
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend View Post
Smugmug has direct support for Google Analytics in the control panel. All you have to do is enter your GA code there.
I did not know that. Thank you!
Old May-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Major grins
Could I get some one to check out mine? I tried deleting the google analytics that I had but that also didn't work.

1)Contact form not working on my iPhone. Anyone ran into this?
2)Picture doesn't display in IE
Old May-10-2012, 05:41 PM
divefishski is offline divefishski
Big grins
Hello,

I use hyperlink code <a href="/" onclick="return false;" class="customContactButton"> and works in the 'Journal (Old)' Gallery Style under Gallery Settings. But the hyperlink does not work if the Gallery Style is set to 'Smugmug' or 'Slideshow'. When set to 'Smugmug' or 'Slideshow' Gallery Style, nothing happen when the 'Contact' hotlink is click. Please see last sentence in 'Prints' section in this page link -> http://www.scubahead.com/Other/Passion/22419993_W9nLPz

Greatly appreciate for any assistance. Thanks.

Last edited by denisegoldberg; May-11-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: removed full text quote of first post
Old May-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by divefishski View Post
Hello,

I use hyperlink code <a href="/" onclick="return false;" class="customContactButton"> and works in the 'Journal (Old)' Gallery Style under Gallery Settings. But the hyperlink does not work if the Gallery Style is set to 'Smugmug' or 'Slideshow'. When set to 'Smugmug' or 'Slideshow' Gallery Style, nothing happen when the 'Contact' hotlink is click. Please see last sentence in 'Prints' section in this page link -> http://www.scubahead.com/Other/Passion/22419993_W9nLPz

Greatly appreciate for any assistance. Thanks.
Sorry, but the way the contact button code is currently written, it will not work with content that is loaded AFTER the page is loaded and that's what happens with caption text in the Smugmug view.
Old May-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Sorry, but the way the contact button code is currently written, it will not work with content that is loaded AFTER the page is loaded and that's what happens with caption text in the Smugmug view.
Thanks jfriend. So how should the Contact button code be written in the 'Caption' feature so when hotlinked word 'Contact' is clicked, it will open up or pop up the Contact Form. The navigation Contact button works perfectly well.

Here's the page link in question: http://www.scubahead.com/Other/Passion/22419993_W9nLPz

Thank you.
Old May-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Thanks jfriend. So how should the Contact button code be written in the 'Caption' feature so when hotlinked word 'Contact' is clicked, it will open up or pop up the Contact Form. The navigation Contact button works perfectly well.

Here's the page link in question: http://www.scubahead.com/Other/Passion/22419993_W9nLPz

Thank you.
As I said, this customization will not work with links in the caption of the Smugmug view. There is nothing you can change in the caption to make it start working. The customization code itself would have to be rewritten to work with dynamically loaded HTML (which is what caption HTML is).
Old May-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Big grins
Quote:
As I said, this customization will not work with links in the caption of the Smugmug view. There is nothing you can change in the caption to make it start working. The customization code itself would have to be rewritten to work with dynamically loaded HTML (which is what caption HTML is).
Got it... I'd assume that the Smugmug gallery style caption issue also applies to Slideshow gallery style since both have the same problem.

Thanks John!
Old May-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Got it... I'd assume that the Smugmug gallery style caption issue also applies to Slideshow gallery style since both have the same problem.

Thanks John!
Yes, same issue.
Page 24  of  33
Tell The World!