• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Landscapes Beautiful garden

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old May-01-2012, 02:08 AM
bojana270 is offline bojana270 OP
bojana
Beautiful garden
Here is fresh new photo that shows, how Month May looks like.
The best photos I get, when I am going downsters (beside old houses, like a thief), where I find hidden beauty.

Photo, May 1st, 2012

p.s. This is not blurry photo, but here is mixture of the Sun and some kind of "fog".
Attached Images

Old May-01-2012, 09:24 AM
CatOne is offline CatOne
A man, sans canal or plan
Is there something wrong with the photo, though? Do you have JPEG quality set at 1? It looks horribly pixelated or something :-/
Old May-01-2012, 02:17 PM
kdog is offline kdog
artistically challenged
I like it. One of your best, Bojana.
Old May-03-2012, 12:51 AM
bojana
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Is there something wrong with the photo, though? Do you have JPEG quality set at 1? It looks horribly pixelated or something :-/
Hello,

Sorry, but there is nothing wrong. This Photo was made in the morning, when there were Sun and some kind of fog in the air. Some other photos are in Austrian Forum, where are compliments from three persons, they wrote their comments right away.

As I see your landscapes photos, it is clear that we have totally different taste about beautiful nature. Believe me, I know very well, what is beautiful (nature and the people).

B.
Old May-03-2012, 12:54 AM
bojana
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I like it. One of your best, Bojana.
Hi kdog,

Thank you for kind compliment about photo.
It is very strange that the kindest people come just from California, where I should live (long time ago).

With kind regards,
B.

Last edited by bojana270; May-03-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: wrong name of member
Old May-03-2012, 07:37 AM
jmphotocraft is offline jmphotocraft
GWC for hire

"I bought a new camera, it's very advanced. You don't even need it." - Steven Wright
Old May-03-2012, 09:04 AM
CatOne is offline CatOne
A man, sans canal or plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojana270 View Post
Hello,

Sorry, but there is nothing wrong. This Photo was made in the morning, when there were Sun and some kind of fog in the air. Some other photos are in Austrian Forum, where are compliments from three persons, they wrote their comments right away.

As I see your landscapes photos, it is clear that we have totally different taste about beautiful nature. Believe me, I know very well, what is beautiful (nature and the people).

B.
OK then. It just looks like JPEG compression to me.
Old May-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Ridgetop is offline Ridgetop
Major grins
Quote:
I'm having the same problem. It's completely pixalated. Not sure why I'm seeing it that way, but looks like it's pretty much wiped out on my monitor. Something to do with the way it was uploaded I assume.
Old May-03-2012, 05:09 PM
kdog is offline kdog
artistically challenged
Interesting. It looks a little soft on my screen, which I attribute to being a cell-phone shot. I'm not seeing pixelation per se though. Could be my eyes aren't as good as you guys though.
Old May-04-2012, 12:53 AM
bojana
Beaufiful garden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Interesting. It looks a little soft on my screen, which I attribute to being a cell-phone shot. I'm not seeing pixelation per se though. Could be my eyes aren't as good as you guys though.
Hi,

I think that I have still good eyes to see something good looking (nature, animals, ect).

I wrote there in my profile that my photos are done with Mobile Phone Digital Camera. Until now I have posted photos from Samsung (dead in September 2011); from Sony Ericsson, where photos look so fresh, but they don't have size, I would like to have. Third is again Samsung (main street), but I am not very happy with that Camera.

They in Mobile's shops told me that Samsung is the best for photos, but the very good Samsung with Digital Camera costs 300 Euros. What then, if the mobile falls in the water? It happens the same as with 100 Euros: both are dead.

Remember: it is only my Hobby! I have started with my Face Photo Research: if doctors don't see, Photo Camera sees all.

Kind regards to CA,

B.
Old May-04-2012, 05:04 AM
jmphotocraft is offline jmphotocraft
GWC for hire
The content, lighting, and composition of the picture is very nice. However the quality of the image is extremely poor. This is the camera's fault, not yours. Surely you see this?

"I bought a new camera, it's very advanced. You don't even need it." - Steven Wright
Old May-05-2012, 05:01 AM
ashrugged is offline ashrugged
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojana270 View Post
Hi,

I think that I have still good eyes to see something good looking (nature, animals, ect).

I wrote there in my profile that my photos are done with Mobile Phone Digital Camera. Until now I have posted photos from Samsung (dead in September 2011); from Sony Ericsson, where photos look so fresh, but they don't have size, I would like to have. Third is again Samsung (main street), but I am not very happy with that Camera.

They in Mobile's shops told me that Samsung is the best for photos, but the very good Samsung with Digital Camera costs 300 Euros. What then, if the mobile falls in the water? It happens the same as with 100 Euros: both are dead.

Remember: it is only my Hobby! I have started with my Face Photo Research: if doctors don't see, Photo Camera sees all.

Kind regards to CA,

B.

I see you are still using a camera phone, I followed one of your threads several months ago, and it was suggested my many that you upgrade to a point and shoot if not a dslr.
It seems that you have taken the advice of the guy at the guy at the mobile phone store, but not the advice offered on this board. The result is comments of poor image quality, again, no reflection on your eye as a photographer.
You live in a beautiful part of the world that most us never see. I hope you get a better camera so we cal all see it a little clearer.

http://rckimaging.smugmug.com/
Old May-18-2012, 02:29 AM
bojana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrugged View Post
I see you are still using a camera phone, I followed one of your threads several months ago, and it was suggested my many that you upgrade to a point and shoot if not a dslr.
It seems that you have taken the advice of the guy at the guy at the mobile phone store, but not the advice offered on this board. The result is comments of poor image quality, again, no reflection on your eye as a photographer.
You live in a beautiful part of the world that most us never see. I hope you get a better camera so we cal all see it a little clearer.
Hello,
How come my photos are so bad at once, just like that? Where is the reason, to write as you do?
I wrote that I do photos with Phone Camera and now that is something "new" for you. I have taste for good and beautiful things and only somebody who doesn't like me as a person, can say something like that.
I see in this Forum different photos: some are very good (like from James), some are good and some are worse than my photos in each point.
I am glad that my Moderator gives me compliments. For me Moderator knows more than other members.
Btw: this garden is locked now and nobody can go in. I was lucky, when there was free entrance (somebody forgot to lock the door)

B.

Last edited by kdog; May-19-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Please be nice to the other members, even if you don't like their comments.
Tell The World!