• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 13  of  17
Old Feb-07-2012, 07:16 AM
JayP is offline JayP
Major grins
got it - thanks.
Old Feb-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Chasrob is offline Chasrob
Beginner grinner
Problem with Breadcrumb Since Multi-homepages Implemented
John-
First, as a newbie, I want to thank you for all the work you have put into this customization forum. I've implemented the multi-homepage feature, along with some customization of the navbar, and I really like how it looks. I now have a slideshow on my default homepage, with gallery categories, recent images, map, and bio on separate pages. I just have one problem, and I searched extensively for a solution without success: the breadcrumb points to the default homepage, so a visitor who goes into a single gallery and wants to get back to the top level gallery categories page (where my Galleries navbar button takes them) instead gets taken to the default homepage where they get the slideshow again. I couldn't find a separate thread dealing with breadcrumb issues, so since this is related to the multi-homepage feature, I thought I would post it here. Is there a way to get the "home" in the breadcrumb to point to the gallery categories "homepage" instead of the default homepage?

Thanks!
Old Feb-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Allen is online now Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasrob View Post
John-
First, as a newbie, I want to thank you for all the work you have put into this customization forum. I've implemented the multi-homepage feature, along with some customization of the navbar, and I really like how it looks. I now have a slideshow on my default homepage, with gallery categories, recent images, map, and bio on separate pages. I just have one problem, and I searched extensively for a solution without success: the breadcrumb points to the default homepage, so a visitor who goes into a single gallery and wants to get back to the top level gallery categories page (where my Galleries navbar button takes them) instead gets taken to the default homepage where they get the slideshow again. I couldn't find a separate thread dealing with breadcrumb issues, so since this is related to the multi-homepage feature, I thought I would post it here. Is there a way to get the "home" in the breadcrumb to point to the gallery categories "homepage" instead of the default homepage?

Thanks!
See
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=124271
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Feb-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Allen,

Thanks for your lightning fast response. You guys are absolutely the best!! I can't believe I missed this entry (the solution was actually #1 in the list, not #28), as I had already implemented several other customizations in that list already - just missed that first one somehow!

I hadn't gotten down to #28 on fixing problems for non-Adobe Flash users; so I'm glad you pointed that one out also, for the sake of my iPad friends.

So problems solved - thanks again!
Old Feb-07-2012, 07:07 PM
ADWheeler is offline ADWheeler
Big grins
Tried searching for an answer to this and if it has been answered I apologize. When on my page at: http://adwheeler.smugmug.com/Non-Limited-Prints If you click the Galleries Home link in the breadcrumbs it takes you to adwheeler.smugmug.com instead of where I need it to go which is adwheeler.smugmug.com/galleries

Anyone know how to change this? I am running a custom navbar (should not affect this) and the Fullscreen slideshow.

Thanks in advance!

~Andy
Old Feb-07-2012, 07:22 PM
jfriend is offline jfriend OP
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADWheeler View Post
Tried searching for an answer to this and if it has been answered I apologize. When on my page at: http://adwheeler.smugmug.com/Non-Limited-Prints If you click the Galleries Home link in the breadcrumbs it takes you to adwheeler.smugmug.com instead of where I need it to go which is adwheeler.smugmug.com/galleries

Anyone know how to change this? I am running a custom navbar (should not affect this) and the Fullscreen slideshow.

Thanks in advance!

~Andy
Customization #1 here.
Always include a link to your site when posting a question
Old Feb-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADWheeler View Post

Thanks in advance!

~Andy
Andy,
This looks like the same problem I had. See the link at
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=124271

Old Feb-07-2012, 07:43 PM
ADWheeler is offline ADWheeler
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend View Post
Customization #1 here.

Thanks, tried that once and it blanked my galleries..just tried it again...and it worked..must have had a typo. Thanks mate!
Old Mar-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Rab-Cilbup is offline Rab-Cilbup
Big grins
Would I be able to use this to have my homepage in two languages - have implemented the code and it seems to work in duplicating it (as www.rab-cilbup.smugmug.com/find) - all I would need to do is change the logos and buttons to be in the second language but am not sure how to get them to display in place of the english ones....any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
--
mark kennedy
Old Apr-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Runderful is offline Runderful
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend View Post
Yes, if each navbar has it's own unique CSS ID:

<div id="navbar1"> ... </div>
<div id="navbar2"> ... </div>

Then, you could use CSS like this to show a different navbar on the galleries page:

/* hide navbar2 by default */
#navbar2 {display: none;}

/* on galleries page, show navbar2, hide navbar1 */
.galleries #navbar2 {display: block;}
.galleries #navbar1 {display: none;}

I followed the above instructions, now how do I define what is on the second nav bar for the Galleries page?

www.tayleyphotography.com
Old Apr-12-2012, 11:32 AM
jfriend is offline jfriend OP
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runderful View Post
I followed the above instructions, now how do I define what is on the second nav bar for the Galleries page?

www.tayleyphotography.com
You put a whole second navbar in your custom header HTML with the appropriate id right after the first navbar. The CSS determines which navbar is visible on which pages.
Always include a link to your site when posting a question
Old Apr-21-2012, 08:42 PM
galla is offline galla
Beginner grinner
I am new to this forum and i apologize but i do not even know how to start a new thread when i need to. I have been trying to follow the multi homepage tutorial by copying and pasting code into CSS and java scipt boxes. But nothing happens on my site. My question is, is there supposed to be some kind of save button or something after you paste the code because when i put the code in and then go to my homepage to check it out, nothing has happened and then when i go back to the code, it is gone. I am a complete newbee and have no idea what i am doing wrong and have been muddling through customizing my site all day. Have not got very far at all. My link is http://robyngallant.smugmug.com/ any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Galla
Old Apr-22-2012, 05:30 AM
denisegoldberg is online now denisegoldberg
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by galla View Post
I am new to this forum and i apologize but i do not even know how to start a new thread when i need to.

....My question is, is there supposed to be some kind of save button or something after you paste the code because when i put the code in and then go to my homepage to check it out, nothing has happened and then when i go back to the code, it is gone.
To start a new thread, click the New Thread button at the top or bottom of the forum you are viewing. You need to be in the forum, not in a specific thread.

Yes, there is a button in the advanced customizer to save your work. It is the update button, and it is after the boxes where you enter your code.

--- Denise
Attached Images

Musings & ramblings at http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com, quick posts in google+
Old Apr-28-2012, 11:36 PM
chabenicht is offline chabenicht
Beginner grinner
slide show not working on homepage
Web site is www.chrishabenicht.com when i got to my site the slideshow dose not show up but if i go to www.chrishabenicht.com/default it works could anyone tell me what i need to fix.

thanks chris
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:11 AM
richW is offline richW
SmugMug QA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabenicht View Post
Web site is www.chrishabenicht.com when i got to my site the slideshow dose not show up but if i go to www.chrishabenicht.com/default it works could anyone tell me what i need to fix.

thanks chris
Remove the following line of css:
.homepage #slideshowBox,

Name:  2012-04-29_0108.png
Views: 90
Size:  9.9 KB
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:34 PM
chabenicht is offline chabenicht
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by richW View Post
Remove the following line of css:
.homepage #slideshowBox,

Attachment 35954
Thanks for the help but if I remove this line then it will show on all of the other pages.
Old May-29-2012, 03:17 PM
JayP is offline JayP
Major grins
Additional text box
Hi John,

I have the additional homepages set up and actually wanted keywords and links on the same page. So I set up one page with #keywordsbox on it (instead of the /keyword page as I wasn't sure if I could add a second box). I want to have a box where I can put html code in it to list a set of links rather than the separate page I have. I do not like the way I have them displayed. I also am unsure why the keywords box is showing up on #homepage as I have it set to display none.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Blue Water Prism - Underwater Photography
www.bluewaterprism.com

Last edited by JayP; May-29-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: additional problem
Old May-29-2012, 03:33 PM
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Hi John,

I have the additional homepages set up and actually wanted keywords and links on the same page. So I set up one page with #keywordsbox on it (instead of the /keyword page as I wasn't sure if I could add a second box). I want to have a box where I can put html code in it to list a set of links rather than the separate page I have. I do not like the way I have them displayed. I also am unsure why the keywords box is showing up on #homepage as I have it set to display none.

Thanks for your continued assistance.
If it was me I'd put the links page html in the biobox then show the bioBox on both the homepage and
keywords page. Use an IF statement to only run the show script on the homepage and CSS to hide
the linksPage div there. Concept coding below would need editing for this which I'm not good at.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
(IF homepage and not the keywords page run)
JF.InsertSlideshowHere({
galleryURL: "http://www.bluewaterprism.com/Other/For-Slide-Show/21775760_9dSjSr#!i=1694940776&k=tv6PG2w",
slideBorderWidth: "3",
slideBorderColor: "#ffffff",
stretchy: "true"}
);
</script>

<div id="linksPage"
<div class="pageTitleLinks">
    My Links Page
  <br>
</div>

<hr color="#6090d1" size="1">
<br>
<br>
</div>
Old May-29-2012, 03:43 PM
JayP is offline JayP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
If it was me I'd put the links page html in the biobox then show the bioBox on both the homepage and
keywords page. Use an IF statement to only run the show script on the homepage and CSS to hide
the linksPage div there. Concept coding below would need editing for this which I'm not good at.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
(IF homepage and not the keywords page run)
JF.InsertSlideshowHere({
galleryURL: "http://www.bluewaterprism.com/Other/For-Slide-Show/21775760_9dSjSr#!i=1694940776&k=tv6PG2w",
slideBorderWidth: "3",
slideBorderColor: "#ffffff",
stretchy: "true"}
);
</script>

<div id="linksPage"
<div class="pageTitleLinks">
    My Links Page
  <br>
</div>

<br>
<br>
</div>
I'm using the BioBox for the slide show. Is it difficult to add a second box that can contain links??

Blue Water Prism - Underwater Photography
www.bluewaterprism.com

Last edited by JayP; May-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old May-29-2012, 04:22 PM
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
I'm using the BioBox for the slide show. Is it difficult to add a second box that can contain links??
Not easy. The biobox is a text box on the homepage and all duplicate homepages and can be used on each
showing different content. What more could you ask for?
Page 13  of  17
Tell The World!