• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Pros can insert their own Contact Links

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 23  of  33
Old Apr-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Saltscar is offline Saltscar
Big grins
nil

Last edited by Saltscar; Apr-07-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old Apr-07-2012, 03:34 PM
jfriend is offline jfriend OP
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwphotography View Post
Hi,
Thanks for this awesome post, I'm very happy with my new contact form. Just one small thing and possibly a stupid question, but how can I stop my 'contact me' button coming up in grey?
http://nwilkesmannphotography.smugmu...15421412_59Q3M
Peace,
Nick
I don't think anyone understood what you were asking about. Can you please describe which specific thing on the page you're asking about? I don't see any buttons on your page.
Always include a link to your site when posting a question
Old Apr-07-2012, 05:26 PM
nwphotography is offline nwphotography
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend View Post
I don't think anyone understood what you were asking about. Can you please describe which specific thing on the page you're asking about? I don't see any buttons on your page.
Thanks for your response. Just under the prices and above the photograph is a grey button 'contact NW Photography now', I'd like to change it from grey if possible?
cheers
Old Apr-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwphotography View Post
Thanks for your response. Just under the prices and above the photograph is a grey button 'contact NW Photography now', I'd like to change it from grey if possible?
cheers
You can change the color of the link to your contact form by adding this CSS:

.gallery_15421412 #albumDescription a {color: #000;}
Old Apr-08-2012, 05:55 PM
nwphotography is offline nwphotography
Beginner grinner
Thank you :)
Old Apr-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Knaaks is offline Knaaks
Big grins
Bio Photo
Hello -
I followed your directions and were able to create a "Contact Me" page. The form is working, except I do not know how to insert my Bio Photo (the man in red with the camera is showing up on my form). I read the directions and it states to select your "Bio Photo" - I am not sure where I am supposed to select my Bio Photograph.
- Sue
Old Apr-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Knaaks is offline Knaaks
Big grins
Bio Photo
Hello - I have the cool moustache man on my contact form. Where do I select it to get my own "Bio photo" on my contact form? Thanks
Sue
Old Apr-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaaks View Post
Hello - I have the cool moustache man on my contact form. Where do I select it to get my own "Bio photo" on my contact form? Thanks
Sue
If you specify a bio photo, it will automatically show in the contact form. You can specify the bio photo either on the homepage where the bio shows (there's a link called "Change Bio Photo") or read this.
Old Apr-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Knaaks is offline Knaaks
Big grins
Thank you, I was able to switch the Bio Photos. My next question is on my "Bio Page" - I want to make the text a larger font. I also want to change the font size on another one of my pages, this page was created with "Old Journal" style. I also want to make the text justified, and I am not sure hoe to do that either. Thank you for your help, with my site. Sue
Old Apr-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Thank you, I was able to switch the Bio Photos. My next question is on my "Bio Page" - I want to make the text a larger font. I also want to change the font size on another one of my pages, this page was created with "Old Journal" style. I also want to make the text justified, and I am not sure hoe to do that either. Thank you for your help, with my site. Sue
Please include a link to your site and any specific pages you are asking about.
Old Apr-26-2012, 07:00 PM
AJBPhoto is offline AJBPhoto
Beginner grinner
I seem to be having an issue with the contact form. Sometimes it will show up for a second and then go back to my homepage. Thoughts? Thank you for your time!

http://www.aveneziaphotography.com
Old Apr-26-2012, 07:09 PM
AJBPhoto is offline AJBPhoto
Beginner grinner
If my last question post, please ignore it. I think I figured it out.... hopefully! :o)
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Pono Photo is offline Pono Photo
Big grins
SO I have this set up on my site and it's great. but now I am modifying my site to have my blogger blog on it. I'm making my blogger blog match the look of my site and have the same navigation across the top. So the question is, can this work on there as well? I'm not sure if I can insert java into the blogger html and css page or not.

www.ponophoto.com

Pono Photo
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pono Photo View Post
SO I have this set up on my site and it's great. but now I am modifying my site to have my blogger blog on it. I'm making my blogger blog match the look of my site and have the same navigation across the top. So the question is, can this work on there as well? I'm not sure if I can insert java into the blogger html and css page or not.

www.ponophoto.com
This contact form cannot work on another site. It's Smugmug-specific functionality using the Smugmug servers.
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Big grins
sigh... any suggestions? or do I just need to go back to a full page contact page?

Pono Photo
Old Apr-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pono Photo View Post
sigh... any suggestions? or do I just need to go back to a full page contact page?
I don't understand what you're really asking. If you want an email contact form on another web site and that site doesn't have back-end support for it, then you will have to use some service to deliver that and then use the form that that service provides. Wufoo is one such service. I don't personally understand why that means you have to change your Smugmug site if it's working fine as it is?
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Big grins
Oh sorry. Let me explain. I am making my web site and my blog match. So it will be virtually seamless when you go between the two. The blog is hosted on blogspot, while the site is here on smugmug. I have modified the HTML and CSS on my blog so it looks like my web site here on smugmug. The problem is that I used this java script contact page here on my web site. But when trying to do so on the blogspot page (so it will match the site), I can't see where I could even put in the java script code.

previous to finding this fantastic modification for a contact page, I had made a page using wufoo. I got rid of that to change over to this one instead. So since I can't use this one now on my blog page, I have to change over to the wufoo one again. Not a big deal. Just something I don't like quite as much.

Pono Photo
Old Apr-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Hello - the link is listed below:
http://www.brandtstudio.com/

1. I chose " Carbon Fiber" for my custom background color. Is there a way to get the color reversed (darker on the bottom and lighter on the top?). I also want to add a dark grey 1/2 " thick band on top - where I would write my header " Susanne Brandt Photography" in it as well as my tabs for my pages.

2. I am also trying to get rid of the grey box outlining my slideshow. I went into Easy Customizer and saw a tab for "Boxes" and I do not have either of those items checked, so I am not sure why my slideshow is outlined with a box.
(I do not have the item checked that reads:
Boxes - Use custom box background & / Use custom box border

3. I am trying to get the text in my Bio and classes pages larger - I am not sure how to do that.
I also want these pages to be darker on the top and get lighter on the bottom. (opposite from what I currently have). I find these pages very difficult to read.
Thanks - KnaakS
Knaaks, this thread that you're posting in is about a specific topic (the popup contact form). Please limit your posts in this thread to that topic. I've asked the moderators to move your previous post to a new thread since it's not related to this topic and I will ask them to move this one there too. Many thread have a topic that they are about and it works best if you post in a thread about your topic. If you want general help with customizing several things on your own site, then start a new thread just for your site.

You can find your previous post here and I will ask the moderators to move your latest post to that same thread.

Last edited by jfriend; Apr-30-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old May-01-2012, 05:29 PM
eric-holmes is offline eric-holmes
Major grins
I keep getting an error message when I attempt to submit a test email. Ideas?
Old May-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Scripting dude-volunteer
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-holmes View Post
I keep getting an error message when I attempt to submit a test email. Ideas?
Did you follow Step 4 in the instructions in the first post in this thread to set the customer contact email address?
Page 23  of  33
Tell The World!