• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug APIs, Hacks & Tricks WinDownload - THE Windows download utility for SmugMug users.

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 3  of  3
1 2 3
Old Nov-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Dsweet is offline Dsweet OP
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzo View Post
Hi there
Here is the error msg typical for all the other files d/load with windownload
<>
upload problem: Info: upload 'unknown file type. Would you like a SmugVault?' using POST to http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/picasa/upload.mg with Picasa/115.529999 (gzip) from 122.107.202.148 in /var/www/bzr/SmugMug/live/include/mgphotos.mgi on line 38
<>

I simply wanted to get back my whole gallery as a backup
When I tried to upload to a test gallery I got errors
I also deleted a folder on Smugmug after I had downloaded my gallery with windownload
I though no problems I have it --- windownlaod retrieved all the gallery
But no the files I wanted to upload back (that were lost -- deleted)
were rejected by smugmug
See error msg above
I fixed the jpegs with Lighroom :)
My HD has no issues
The FF plugin retrieves ALL my gallery easily and as original and CAN be uploaded back to smugmug with no probs.

Windownload did something to the retrieved files YES any jpeg viewer or editor PS CS5 or Picasa viewed them fine but damn Smugmug did NOT want them back
I just downloaded and then uploaded with no problems using windownload. Windownload is not the issue here. It works fine. Is there a way to post or send me the file you are trying to upload? The problem lies somewhere else besides windownload.
Old Nov-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotisman View Post
I'll give it a try tonight.

EDIT: Actualy, got a chance to try it and that fixed it.
Thanks for your help.
Old Dec-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsweet View Post
Another 133 in October, now over 640 downloads...
Another 132 downloads in November, now over 775 downloads!
Old Jan-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Another 132 downloads in November, now over 775 downloads!
Another 93 in December, so now over 868...
Old May-20-2011, 08:20 PM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Hi David -- great tool, and woot, Keyword support, just what I was looking for.

I found what may be a minor bug. The "header row" at the top of the lists of albums has a checkbox in the top-left corner. I thought checking it would trigger a "select all" and check all of the albums, but right now it just toggles the first album off or on.

Ideally I would be able to select all albums and then Load Keywords and just grab the photos of one particular child. (This is for my son's preschool.)

Let me know if you know about this bug already, and if there's a fix. But even without the fix, it's a tremendous tool. Thanks a lot!!
Old Aug-02-2011, 05:50 PM
DiegeticShadow is offline DiegeticShadow
Beginner grinner
Album Descriptions
Hi, is there any way to save the album description along with everything else? I get how the image captions are saved in metadata in the images, but what about the description for the album as a whole? Is there any way to save this text in the same folder as all the images, perhaps as a text file?
Old Aug-18-2011, 05:44 AM
RandomS is offline RandomS
Beginner grinner
"Original" images not downloading
WinDownload is a great tool, exactly what I needed! However, I'm having one problem: When I select "Original" for SmugMug Image Size, I am not getting the full-size images. They all seem to be coming down as X3Large size, in that the portrait ones are all exactly 1200 pixels tall, and the landscape ones are all 1600 pixels wide.

I have my galleries set to a maximum size of X3Large for visitors, but I am logging in to WinDownload with my owner password, so I assume WinDownload should be able to access my Original images. Any ideas?
Old Apr-26-2012, 07:41 PM
vsanchez is offline vsanchez
Beginner grinner
Problem logging as an owner
Hi David,

Great program! However, at the moment I can only download public galleries. Attempting to pass an owner password to get my private galleries gives me the following error:

Error Login in. SmugMug Error calling smugmug.albums.get: invalid API key

Any idea of what is wrong?

Thanks
Old May-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Big grins
Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanchez View Post
Hi David,

Great program! However, at the moment I can only download public galleries. Attempting to pass an owner password to get my private galleries gives me the following error:

Error Login in. SmugMug Error calling smugmug.albums.get: invalid API key

Any idea of what is wrong?

Thanks
It looks like you found a bug. I will be releasing a new version soon.
Old May-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Snogger is offline Snogger
Beginner grinner
How to get to a password required album
First let me say that I really dig Windownload and appreciate the time taken to code it!!!! It is the ONLY mass downloader that I have gotten to work.

I have come across one thing that I can't figure out...

For the site - the main site has no password but the single album does. I can't figure out what is to be entered in the login screens to get to this album. For example's sake, let's say...
Nickname = Test123 (which comes from http://trip123.smugmug.com)
Album Name= Group 1/Trip to Vegas 2012
Password = ABC123

On the "Load a User's Album List" dialog box, I enter as follows:
> click the Album List radio button; put Test123 in the Nickname field; click the No Password radio button
> click the Single Album radio button; put Group-1/Trip-to-Vegas-2012 in Album Key field; put ABC123 in the Album Password field
> click Retrieve Album List

Windownload then pauses for a moment, then pops the dialog box, "Error Logging in. Index was outside the bounds of the array."

So what am I doing wrong?
Old Jun-08-2012, 06:09 AM
nickhaigh is offline nickhaigh
Major grins
Hi,
I'm guessing this software is exactly what I am needing (download all of my photos that is on my smugmug site)
but when I run the software it says "Load a users album list" enter Nickname, I've tried my login details, my album name, my name etc but keeps saying "error invalid user"
what do I enter to download photos?
btw my site has no passwords

www.nickhaigh.net
Old Jun-10-2012, 05:36 AM
nickhaigh is offline nickhaigh
Major grins
thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

I have found alternative software that actually works
Old Jul-12-2012, 01:11 AM
paulbrock is offline paulbrock
Major grins
which one are you using Nick?

have to say I'm less than impressed with the inability to download more than one gallery at a time without 3rd party software.

Getting the same 'API error' message on this one, and most of the others don't let you sort by gallery name, which after 8 years here has become a LONG list for me.

If only the Lightroom plugin worked in both ways....
Old Aug-21-2012, 07:12 AM
stufur is offline stufur
Big grins
Quote:
It looks like you found a bug. I will be releasing a new version soon.
Same happened to me. I wanted to use the "owner" password in order to get hidden images as well.

But aside from this bug I would like to thank the developer for all the effort put into this program. Really useful :)
Old Nov-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Art Scott is offline Art Scott
Have PASSPORT will TRAVEL
winDownload problem...
why does WinDownLoad download the watermarks on my images...instead of clean originals?

I have until 12-12 to get all my galleries downloaded.

downloading as galleries will help with the next upload as they will all be gallery order and much more easily found rather than looking thru 10 yrs of files on various hard drives.

thanx

A ZENFOLIO 10% Discount Coupon CODE - A8K-Q2K-VPG
Old Dec-19-2012, 06:14 AM
thegoose is offline thegoose
Beginner grinner
"owner" password bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufur View Post
Same happened to me. I wanted to use the "owner" password in order to get hidden images as well.

But aside from this bug I would like to thank the developer for all the effort put into this program. Really useful :)
Any progress on getting a release that fixes this bug?
Page 3  of  3
1 2 3
Tell The World!  
Tags
.net , download , tags , windows