• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Daveeeeed is offline Daveeeeed OP
Beginner grinner
finishing touches
Hi I need help finishing my site.

http://davidcristofoli.smugmug.com/

I would like to complete the box on both pages, About Me and Contact me. I tried a shorter logo but that didn't work.
Also in Contact Me I would like to put my email clickable to open up in the users email program.
Last, I would like to get rid of the SmugMug logo on each page as well as the top nav bar with the Help, Login, homepage, etc. Replacing it with the login only at the bottom footer.

Thanks

Dave
Old Apr-24-2012, 06:36 AM
bobbyhero is offline bobbyhero
Smug Hero
You can make your email address 'clickable' by changing the page to this:

HTML Code:
<html>
If you have any questions, comments or would like to purchase one of my photographs, please email me at <a href="mailto:david@davidcristofoliphotography.com">david@davidcristofoliphotography.com</a> for pricing and different types of media.
</html>
You can control the SmugMug header in the Easy Customizer > Header section.
Old Apr-24-2012, 08:29 AM
denisegoldberg is online now denisegoldberg
Major grins
Keep in mind that there are two problems with opening a local email client as you requested. The first is that your email address is on the page in clear text and is easily accessed by spambots. The second is that if the viewer's computer doesn't have an email client installed (or if your viewer is using a public computer), you have left them without a method to contact you. You might want to use a form from a service like wufoo instead.

--- Denise

Musings & ramblings at http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com, quick posts in google+
Old Apr-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Beginner grinner
Thank you Denise and Bobby. I think I will go with JotForm unless wufoo is better.

I have made those corrections now all I need to do is finish the box that is on pages "contact me" and "about me". If you look you can see an incomplete shadow box. I would like that finished. Thanks!
Old Apr-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Beginner grinner
I think I have everything looked after at this time. I have someone looking into the shadow boxes on my pages and everything else has been completed. Thank you!
Tell The World!