• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization I need help. I tried.

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-23-2012, 09:53 PM
PhotosByAbel is offline PhotosByAbel OP
Big grins
I need help. I tried.
Ok, so it took me roughly a month before I gave in to sign up and ask for help. Here I am..lol, i can't figure out what I need.

My Site: www.AbelFerminPhotography.com

1. I've pretty much figured out enough to get it to that point, but where my "EVENTS" link is at, I would like the original "Galleries" that would be found on the homepage instead of being forced to be specific of what album can be shown. Would this be possible? I don't see the "Homepage Layout" drop down option in any of my other pages. (I know...homepage). What's the answer to this?

2) Is it possible to add custom fonts on this site?

Last edited by PhotosByAbel; Apr-24-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old Apr-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotosByAbel View Post
Ok, so it took me roughly a month before I gave in to sign up and ask for help. Here I am..lol, i can't figure out what I need.

My Site: www.AbelFerminPhotography.com

1. I've pretty much figured out enough to get it to that point, but where my "EVENTS" link is at, I would like the original "Galleries" that would be found on the homepage instead of being forced to be specific of what album can be shown. Would this be possible? I don't see the "Homepage Layout" drop down option in any of my other pages. (I know...homepage). What's the answer to this?

2. If not possible, what the easiest way to create a drop down link option?

and finally,

3) Is it possible to add custom fonts on this site?
Go here and scroll down to the "The Galleries Page" sections and add the CSS and javascript. This will
create a duplicate homepage. The CSS defines what is shown on your original homepage and
duplicate homepage now named "galleries".

On your original homepage under the "homepage layout" button check galleries/categories or is not
shown "default".
In Easy Customizer change "Events" to "Galleries" and the link to /galleries.
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Apr-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Big grins
I'm just an idiot I guess. I can't figure it out. I'm just plain annoyed by now.
Did everything step by step and it's like I did nothing (and i've tried this exact method before to no avail)
I'm seeking another website to move my work to. Customizing a site that one if paying for should not be this much of a headache.
I find it pretty lame that we need to 'trick' the system instead of just having a simple click option.

Thanks for your help bro, but I think I've reached the end with smug mug in less than a month.
Old Apr-24-2012, 05:48 AM
Jamesbjenkins is offline Jamesbjenkins
Live, shoot, post, repeat
My friend, there is to need to trick the system. Once you click on the easy customizer, and follow the options Allen gave you above, you must be sure to save your changes, otherwise it will revert to the previous settings.

Nothing on the web will be exactly as you want it right out of the box. Smugmug has done a splendid job in providing an easy to use interface for users like you who don't want to fiddle with HTML, CSS, Java and other coding.

Take a deep breath and follow Allen's suggestions. I can promise you that no other site you move over to will have a magic red button you push to make your site exactly how you want it in 10 seconds or less...
Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
Old Apr-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
To hide the slideshow box on the galleries page add red in your new CSS.

.galleries #slideshowBox,
.galleries #bioBox {
display: none;
}

Everything's ready to go for the galleries page. You just need to turn on the galleries box under the "Homepage Layout" button.
Old Apr-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
To hide the slideshow box on the galleries page add red in your new CSS.

.galleries #slideshowBox,
.galleries #bioBox {
display: none;
}

Everything's ready to go for the galleries page. You just need to turn on the galleries box under the "Homepage Layout" button.
Am I required to do The Galleries Page I, II, & III? Or can I skip on III?
It seems its for a navigation bar, but i have a drop menu I would like to use instead.
Old Apr-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Am I required to do The Galleries Page I, II, & III? Or can I skip on III?
It seems its for a navigation bar, but i have a drop menu I would like to use instead.
I see all the code needed for the galleries page except the red CSS to be added in my previous post. The
ONLY thing left is turning on the galleries box under the homepage layout button.

No. III is showing how to add the /galleries link to the navbar.
This is the link to the new galleries page.
http://www.abelferminphotography.com/galleries
Old Apr-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Big grins
Thanks Allen, I'm making good progress. I see where I was messing up at now.
Just trying to switch the galleries view to categories instead. When I click on the option to do so, it turns into a copy of my homepage.
Old Apr-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Big grins
Thanks for the help fellas, but I went ahead and took a shortcut and just decided on a drop down menu...which looks better anyways Check it out: www.abelferminphotography.com
Thanks again though. Almost deleted my site from here if it wasn't for you guys..lol.
Tell The World!