• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Timeline Script? How do I do this? Pls Help?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-19-2012, 01:10 PM
akazookeeper is offline akazookeeper OP
Beginner grinner
Timeline Script? How do I do this? Pls Help?
Hi! I am trying to use this timeline (demo link) (instructions), on my smugmug homepage only. Can I do it? Is anyone able to walk me through it, smugmug style?

It uses css3 & Jquery. I LOVE this look MUCH better than the slideshow. If anyone could help. I tried doing what they said, and it seemed to work, but it was on all my pages and while it did say loading timeline, the timeline never went beyond saying it was loading. But I never moved the script files to whereever I should have moved them so that could have been the problem.

Last edited by akazookeeper; Apr-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old Apr-20-2012, 10:32 AM
bobbyhero is offline bobbyhero
Smug Hero
You could theoretically implement this - but just be aware that jQuery breaks some things on the SmugMug site (such as the Packages link).

You said you've implemented this - can you provide a link?
Old Apr-22-2012, 07:22 AM
akazookeeper is offline akazookeeper OP
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhero View Post
You could theoretically implement this - but just be aware that jQuery breaks some things on the SmugMug site (such as the Packages link).

You said you've implemented this - can you provide a link?
I would love to but somewhere along the line I messed up and it wasn't quite right. What I need is to understand where I put those script files and also how to keep it contained to the homepage. The problem I was having is that no matter what I clicked, it would take me to another page with the same thing on it. So basically, my whole site was the timeline without the ability to actually go to the albums.

Also, I am not using SmugMug as a professional site. I am using it as a family site but I like pretty sites and smugmug is pretty. Plus, I do pretty well customizing on my own. Started learning CSS last year and I'm hooked, but I am still learning. My point was simply that there are certain features I simply don't care much about....I'm not sure what the packages link is, so I can't tell you if I care about it lol.

Thanks so much for responding!
Old Apr-23-2012, 03:13 PM
bobbyhero is offline bobbyhero
Smug Hero
You should be able to copy/paste the javascript into the top/bottom javascript boxes in the Advanced Customizer. jQuery can be linked to externally (there are hosted sources on the jquery site).
Tell The World!