• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Video Action! Screening Room -- Post yer vids here!

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 7  of  8
« First 3 4 5 6 7 8
Old Apr-25-2010, 11:18 AM
BP2U is offline BP2U
I got grins for days, yo!
Still waiting on smug to get the network issues worked out so I can store here, but in the meantime here it is on YouTube. My first weekend with the 5D2 (back in Feb., was waiting on an audio track forEVER).

I had the 50mm wide open, so the focus is thin - and I know the color and WB are off, but this was right out of the box just to play around the first day. I think it still tells a cute story of breakfast at the grandparents though :)

[Make sure you click on the 720 HD option in the lower right]

Last edited by BP2U; Apr-25-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old Apr-27-2010, 04:57 AM
TYarbrough is offline TYarbrough
Beginner grinner
Whistler Ski Video
I just love watching the videos on this thread; getting lots of ideas.

Here is the latest one I did of my son and grandson skiing at Whistler over Spring Break. The "stop action-like" stuff was taken with my Canon 50D on a tripod:

http://www.terryyarbroughphotography...969_sS4qK-A-LB
Old Jun-03-2010, 01:34 PM
rantomi is offline rantomi
Big grins
Bugro
Hi, as I just joined I am going to share the latest production even though it is already almost a year old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyVGqWiY0Qs

It was my first fast project with a) 5dM2 and b) with macro lens.

More coming soon.
Old Jun-04-2010, 10:05 AM
SiriusPhotog is offline SiriusPhotog
Big grins
Alrighty, I'll play.

Old Jun-04-2010, 10:13 AM
SiriusPhotog is offline SiriusPhotog
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantomi View Post
Hi, as I just joined I am going to share the latest production even though it is already almost a year old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyVGqWiY0Qs

It was my first fast project with a) 5dM2 and b) with macro lens.

More coming soon.
Yikes! remind me not to have a BBQ in your backyard..
Very cool stuff.
Old Jul-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Ariel Bravy is offline Ariel Bravy
Beginner grinner

Here's one from spending a month camping in the forest. Really fun project to create. :)
Old Oct-26-2010, 03:59 PM
snoupi is offline snoupi
Big grins
Autumn's Child
Hello, folks, Tony here,

I'm new to the joys of Smugmug Video, and have just posted a new musical slideshow video on my page.

I have been looking over this thread and am blown away by beautiful, polished, and professional these videos are! My little offering seems crude by comparison. Nevertheless, I'm Jumping in...

My 'Autumn's Child' musical slideshow video: (hope you like it)
Old Nov-01-2010, 02:37 PM
schmoo is offline schmoo
word nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusPhotog View Post
Alrighty, I'll play.

Really cool. I especially loved the shots of the deck where you have the motion of the mountains slipping by as well as the slight pan of the camera.
Old Nov-11-2010, 08:04 AM
PhotoDavid78 is offline PhotoDavid78
Davidweissphotos.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
Spend part of my weekend sorting through video clips from a trip to Europe last week. I'm no video editor and totally new to this, but video takes reliving your memories to a whole new level!

Wonderfully Shot. I've been working in television for 16 years and know a lot about editing. I think straight cuts and dissolves are the classiest. Your fade up from black at the top and about halfway through could be a lot slower to help enhance the mood. I get what you were trying to accomplish but I'm not too into the flash frames of white and black throughout. The way you sped up and slowed down the video was well executed and added to the surrealism that the black and white had already created. Well done!!

What software did you use?
Old Nov-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Davidweissphotos.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtw78 View Post
Wonderfully Shot. I've been working in television for 16 years and know a lot about editing. I think straight cuts and dissolves are the classiest. Your fade up from black at the top and about halfway through could be a lot slower to help enhance the mood. I get what you were trying to accomplish but I'm not too into the flash frames of white and black throughout. The way you sped up and slowed down the video was well executed and added to the surrealism that the black and white had already created. Well done!!

Let me also add that when the drum beats start toward the end, having your cuts on the downbeat would have been better.
Old Nov-11-2010, 12:48 PM
schmoo is offline schmoo
word nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtw78 View Post

Whoah, blast from the past! Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it especially as I am (still, more than a year later) am fumbling with the idea of video editing.

I do believe I used iMovie 09 for that video. Since then I've made several smaller movies using FCE but I'm still really unsatisfied with anything I put out.

I have another project currently on my plate and so your suggestions come at a great time. Thx again!
Old Nov-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Davidweissphotos.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
Whoah, blast from the past! Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it especially as I am (still, more than a year later) am fumbling with the idea of video editing.

I do believe I used iMovie 09 for that video. Since then I've made several smaller movies using FCE but I'm still really unsatisfied with anything I put out.

I have another project currently on my plate and so your suggestions come at a great time. Thx again!

No problem, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
Old May-29-2011, 08:23 AM
byrd026 is offline byrd026
Beginner grinner
First video, let me know what you think.

http://jimbyrdphotography.smugmug.co...7_sv4ShhL-A-LB

Also, is there a way to sell these on Smugmug??
Old May-29-2011, 09:46 AM
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd026 View Post
First video, let me know what you think.

http://jimbyrdphotography.smugmug.co...7_sv4ShhL-A-LB

Also, is there a way to sell these on Smugmug??
Nice! You can embed your videos in this forum, too.

As for your sales question, that's something you should ask in the SmugMug Pro Sales Support forum.
Old Oct-17-2011, 03:33 PM
BLWeddings is offline BLWeddings
Beginner grinner
Here's my latest Hindu Wedding Video which I filmed recently. I'm very proud of this one so would be great to know what you think.

The clip for the Wedding Film can be viewed on my blog here: Sunita & Ravinder's Indian Wedding Video

Or the Youtube link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKao-mbq9CY

Thanks

Shaun
Old Apr-20-2012, 08:05 AM
csmallari is offline csmallari
observateur d'oiseaux
My first time to try making a movie using iMovie that contains clips and photos taken with a camera.

Last edited by csmallari; Apr-22-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: still trying to embed the video to my post
Old Apr-22-2012, 10:06 AM
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
Share>Get a Link>Embeddable Links, then click here:

Just paste that code as is into your post.

Nice start on the video! My crits are: no need for watermarks in a video, the title with the bird's name comes up many times, it's only needed once, and why is the video cropped as it is?

Let's see more!
Old Apr-22-2012, 08:34 PM
csmallari is offline csmallari
observateur d'oiseaux
Thanks for teaching me how to post videos and for the comments too. Those are just clips that I took and so I put them in a movie together with the photos. I have been a victim of people stealing photos from the web so many times that's why I make sure to put watermarks in all my pictures that are posted online. It is obvious that it is my first movie ever. The reason for the watermarks is that I always thought the people can get the images from the video if they are able to download it. Thanks again.
Old May-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Fnoor is offline Fnoor
Beginner grinner
Pretty cool videos here. My favourite was perhaps the Alaska cruise. Damn that place looks sunny and calm.

I really should film something like this now that the weather here is getting tolerable. I've just been so lazy lately

Last edited by Fnoor; May-03-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old May-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Light_prod is offline Light_prod
Major grins
thought I'd add one here. Been doing slideshows for a while just never ventured into this video forum before.

enjoy:
s. about.me/laraluz
Page 7  of  8
« First 3 4 5 6 7 8
Tell The World!