• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Journeys Two Weeks in Hawaii

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 2  of  2
1 2
Old Apr-22-2012, 07:53 AM
anonymouscuban is offline anonymouscuban OP
Inner Tube Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Alayali View Post
amazing ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailronin View Post
Lovely series
Thanks guys.

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
Old Apr-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Sam is offline Sam
San Jose CA
Wonderful images. I especially like the one of your gorgeous wife, and the one of you laying face down in the sand.

Sam
Old May-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Pono Photo is offline Pono Photo
Big grins
Great shots! Now you know why I live here on Kauai. Lumahai is such a fantastic beach. At least outside of the winter it is. In winter, those rocks you were standing on are often under 5 feet of water as huge waves come crashing across. That's what usually kills people there.

Oh and here is a little piece of trivia for you. The beach everyone calls Lumahai is not actually Lumahai beach. It is actually called Kahalahala, and the far end of the beach is called Lumahai. As you saw, it's not really a marked spot. Just one of those you either read about in guide books or by chance you see cars there. It used to be a full on locals beach. Then all the tourists and everyone started showing up after it got published in the Ultimate Guidebook. That is when the name changed. The name Lumahai actually means dangerous waters in Hawaiian. So people started calling Kahalahala Lumahai to get people to stop coming, since the waters were dangerous. But since very few people speak Hawaiian, they didn't know and the guidebook said it was a great spot. So that is how that beach got two names.

Pono Photo
Old Jun-04-2012, 10:52 PM
AprilHite is offline AprilHite
Big grins
Hi
Very nice!!!!
Page 2  of  2
1 2
Tell The World!