• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Wide Angle The Big Picture For Dgriners of a certain age - NOTHING to do with photography

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-17-2012, 12:57 PM
bdcolen is offline bdcolen OP
CaptureReality
For Dgriners of a certain age - NOTHING to do with photography
TOTALLY off-topic. For any of you still in mourning for Janis Joplin and real old-school, bluesy, belting, female-fronted rock and roll, I have two words: Alabama Shakes. The last time I got this excited about a new group was in the early 70s when somebody turned me on to a skinny kid from New Jersey named Bruce Springsteen. Amazing. Really.

Now, back to our previously scheduled program.

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Last edited by bdcolen; Apr-17-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old Apr-17-2012, 01:18 PM
aj986s is offline aj986s
Major grins
You are correct! I'm not major music junkie, but attended a concert on New Year's Eve at DC's 9:30 Club. Alabama Shaker was the opening act, and they were GOOD!! The main show was Drive by Truckers, with Booker T. (of Booker T. & the M.G's). It was quite a show! Especially when they played a very cool version of Green Onions at midnight.
Autocross and Track junkie
tonyp.smugmug.com
Old Apr-17-2012, 07:40 PM
marionet is offline marionet
Bill
Lol, no one will ever unseat Janis Joplin but I personally prefer Genya Ravan of Ten Wheel Drive. My hands-down all-time fav is Bonzo Dog Band, closely followed by Leonard Cohen... if I die thinking of "Suzanne", I'll die happy.
Old Apr-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Richard is offline Richard
Mildly bemused
Good stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Apr-18-2012, 07:36 AM
DonRicklin is online now DonRicklin
Polysemaniac!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marionet View Post
Lol, no one will ever unseat Janis Joplin but I personally prefer Genya Ravan of Ten Wheel Drive. My hands-down all-time fav is Bonzo Dog Band, closely followed by Leonard Cohen... if I die thinking of "Suzanne", I'll die happy.
I have a double album play Bonzo Dog band on my iTouch! "Hunting Tigers" is a fave!

:rolf

Don
Old May-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Harryb is offline Harryb
old and lazy
Good stuff BD. I am still in mourning for Janis. Seeing her live was an experience. I have been following & loving springsteen since I saw him do a solo acoustic set at Max's Kansas City in the early 70s. I got satellite radio because they have the E Street Channel (Bruce 24/7).

Went over toYoutune and just watched two numbers by Alabama Shakes and they are outstanding. Thanks for the heads up.
Tell The World!