• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support Copy photos to another gallery?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-16-2012, 01:15 PM
perroneford is offline perroneford OP
Major grins
Copy photos to another gallery?
Ok, last one.

Is there any way to copy a group of photos to another gallery? I don't want to MOVE the photos, I just want the same photo to appear in more than one gallery. I would have to think this is not a unique request. I want to put my "all-star" photos from the season into one gallery for people to shop and buy from.

Can I do this without having to re-upload the photos?

Thanks,

Perrone
Old Apr-16-2012, 02:25 PM
phototristan is offline phototristan
SmugMug Support Hero
Hi Perrone,

You could make a copy of the images and then move the copies to another gallery.

You do both in the Tools menu in the gallery.

Best Regards,
http://help.smugmug.com/
Old Apr-16-2012, 05:32 PM
rsquared is offline rsquared
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by perroneford View Post
Ok, last one.

Is there any way to copy a group of photos to another gallery? I don't want to MOVE the photos, I just want the same photo to appear in more than one gallery. I would have to think this is not a unique request. I want to put my "all-star" photos from the season into one gallery for people to shop and buy from.

Can I do this without having to re-upload the photos?

Thanks,

Perrone
Tristan's method works, but in my opinion using the collect feature (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/...articles/93310) works even better. It's both quicker to do, and the "collected" photo is actually just a virtual pointer to the original. This means that any comments left on either version of the photo show up in both places, and if you decide to replace the original (for instance after further editing/enhancement) the virtual copy gets updated automatically at the same time.
Old Apr-16-2012, 08:21 PM
perroneford is offline perroneford OP
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared View Post
Tristan's method works, but in my opinion using the collect feature (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/...articles/93310) works even better. It's both quicker to do, and the "collected" photo is actually just a virtual pointer to the original. This means that any comments left on either version of the photo show up in both places, and if you decide to replace the original (for instance after further editing/enhancement) the virtual copy gets updated automatically at the same time.
Excellent. I'll bear this in mind for the future. With nearly 600 images to process, I was NOT about to do a copy and move on each one!
Tell The World!