• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Scott293 is offline Scott293 OP
Major grins
Mma
I shot the American MMA Ohio Championship last Saturday night and thought I would share some of my favorites. Any comits good or bad welcome and thank you for viewing my work!!

The Ring Girls

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

www.ScottDavis.smugmug.com
Old Apr-17-2012, 02:45 AM
thelegend is offline thelegend
Beginner grinner
Excellent stuff. What shutter speed are you setting your camera too for the high speed images?
Old Apr-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Major grins
These were shot @ 12,800 ISO 1/500 and thank you !!

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

Old Apr-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Kikoprice is offline Kikoprice
Major grins
Great work Scott. Do they let you move around or do you have to stay put? I think you could of shot some more interesting angles in #8 LOL.

http://www.youatplay.com
Old Apr-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikoprice View Post
Great work Scott. Do they let you move around or do you have to stay put? I think you could of shot some more interesting angles in #8 LOL.

Thank You

That's a good one,and yes you can move around but I didn't want to loose my spot it was the only place you could shoot with out being behind a table. I like getting up against the cage.

Old Apr-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Montec is offline Montec
Waiting for the light...
Do you shoot through the cage? I always wondered how this works. Is there a prefered distance you like to be to eliminate the cage coming into focus?
Old Apr-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montec View Post
Do you shoot through the cage? I always wondered how this works. Is there a prefered distance you like to be to eliminate the cage coming into focus?
Yes I shoot through the cage. And on distance it depends on the length I use 80-200 I dont have to get as close as I focus past the cage with my 24-70 I shoot right against the cage and you can focus through the hole in the fence. But to get the best shots you have to be against the cage in a corner.

Tell The World!