• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots The Dgrin Challenges #100 C&C Please

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Memol is offline Memol OP
Major grins
#100 C&C Please
I took a number of pictures of a boat. I did some post processing on one of them. I just wanted to get some feedback. Is it good for the theme? I would appreciate any comments.

Old Apr-12-2012, 03:32 AM
rteest42 is offline rteest42
Major grins
It's a lovely shot. I have a photo very similar that was taken in that era! But. There would be NO color at all, so totally kill the saturation!
Old Apr-12-2012, 04:17 AM
slpollett is offline slpollett
Major grins
I like the processing. Color did exist in 1912, but it was very expensive and thus rarely used. The 'average' photograph was still black & white or sepia.

For me, the sailboat is still a bit too close to center for me, but I really like that there is another sailboat in the distance. Maybe crop out some of the water in the foreground?

Sherry
Old Apr-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Major grins
Thanks, I will change it. I would agree, but since I saw a little of color in some pictures from that era, I left some assuming this photo be one of those unique photos of that era :) I would agree with the boat in middle, but I did not like to loose the reflection and wanted to see your comments. I will cut it. Now I see after the crop actually I lost the exif file.???!!!
Old Apr-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Major grins
Here is my latest version. Would greatly appreciate any comments...

Old Apr-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Pat664422 is offline Pat664422
Major grins
I liked the first version, I like this one more.
Old Apr-14-2012, 07:21 AM
travelways is offline travelways
Candid Grinner
Beautiful!

Observing the world around is my hobby :)
Old Apr-15-2012, 07:51 PM
billseye is offline billseye
Major grins
Very nice. Good revision, too. I wonder if you can get any detail back in the sail highlights. That a pretty big central bright area in an otherwise midtoned photo. Not sure the sail itself should be such an center of attraction.

Mostly, I want to go sail now. But with a bit more wind than they appeared to have!

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
Tell The World!