• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support Bug Reporting e-mail issus on Mac Lion

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Mar-05-2012, 04:25 PM
huthphoto is offline huthphoto OP
Beginner grinner
e-mail issus on Mac Lion
I've only seen one other Smugger post about this. I'm a pro and have upload via email enabled.
http://huthphoto.smugmug.com/Other/E...6937&k=QfhCxbg
is the gallery

I've uploaded there in the past fine via email on my Mac.
I'm on the latest Lion build 10.7.3
Using Apple Mail
I've done the email to the same address with the same password in the subject line in all cases.

Mail will not upload no matter what I do now (worked in the past)
Sending from iPhone to the same location/password works instantly
Sending from a web email client the exact same image that didn't work in mail (so same size, etc) works fine
Sending from a similar computer a very small file doesn't work (also on same build of Lion and Mail)

I'm thinking that emailing from Lion Mail isn't working for me at least... is it working for anyone else OK?
Old Mar-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Wendee is offline Wendee
SmugMug Support Hero
Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience! We are aware that some folks have trouble, but we have trouble replicating this behavior sometimes and we're doing our best to investigate and find whatever is causing the mischief.

For now, if it's possible for you to upload via email from a webmail address, hopefully we'll have this worked out soon. :)

Take care,
Wendee
SmugMug Support Hero
http://help.smugmug.com/
Old Mar-06-2012, 08:15 AM
huthphoto is offline huthphoto OP
Beginner grinner
Thanks Wendee. At least I know it's a known issue. If you hear of other mail clients beyond Apple Mail on Lion that don't work, please post, so I know who can and can't upload via email to my gallery.

cheers,
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendee View Post
Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience! We are aware that some folks have trouble, but we have trouble replicating this behavior sometimes and we're doing our best to investigate and find whatever is causing the mischief.

For now, if it's possible for you to upload via email from a webmail address, hopefully we'll have this worked out soon. :)

Take care,
Wendee
SmugMug Support Hero
http://help.smugmug.com/
Old Mar-25-2012, 11:02 AM
wenmei is offline wenmei
Shutter Happy Shooter
Just wondering if there's been any updates to this issue? I'm trying to set up a system for my students to upload photos to a gallery on my account using email, and I run into the same issues as huthphoto. It works with webmail (Yahoo) but not with my Apple mail client. I can't require students to use webmail, so I really need to find a fix or a workaround! I've tried creating a form which sends the files to a webmail address, which then forwards to my email gallery, but that's acting the same way as the Apple mail client (i.e. it creates the Email gallery but no photos are uploaded).

Thanks!
~ Wenmei
Old Apr-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Str8aero is offline Str8aero
Big grins
I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. I can send the exact same photo (or group of photos) from my Windows system (Win7 64 bit using Outlook 2007) and the upload happens immediately. But sending from Mac Mail (Lion 10.7.3) nothing happens - photos don't show up on SmugMug and I get no replies or errors (like email undeliverable) back in my inbox. I've tried little files and big files same results... Both my Mac and Windows system are configured to use the same mail accounts (icloud and gmail - both imap).
This is a problem as we want to use the email upload facility to allow our camera club members to upload photos to our SmugMug Camera Club site. Some can, others can't.
Note - another camera club member uses MSN - Windows Live for email, and he too cannot send uploads via email into our SmugMug site:
http://bjnccameraclub.smugmug.com/
Old Apr-08-2012, 10:32 AM
richW is offline richW
SmugMug QA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8aero View Post
I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. I can send the exact same photo (or group of photos) from my Windows system (Win7 64 bit using Outlook 2007) and the upload happens immediately. But sending from Mac Mail (Lion 10.7.3) nothing happens - photos don't show up on SmugMug and I get no replies or errors (like email undeliverable) back in my inbox. I've tried little files and big files same results... Both my Mac and Windows system are configured to use the same mail accounts (icloud and gmail - both imap).
This is a problem as we want to use the email upload facility to allow our camera club members to upload photos to our SmugMug Camera Club site. Some can, others can't.
Note - another camera club member uses MSN - Windows Live for email, and he too cannot send uploads via email into our SmugMug site:
http://bjnccameraclub.smugmug.com/
I've bugged the issue about Apple Mail and sent to our engineers.

The Window Live issue, I'm unable to replicate. I'm able to upload with Windows Live via web client. If you send using the same email address via Apple mail, then there is fail ..
Old Apr-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Big grins
richW - thanks for the reply. Note the friend that uses Windows Live is not a Mac/Apple user, but he has not yet had a successful transmission uploading to SmugMug. Is there any more info I should get from him as to what/how he is sending?
Old Apr-13-2012, 07:38 AM
internet-marketing is offline internet-marketing
Beginner grinner
I was also facing a similar problem on my mac.
Old Apr-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by richW View Post
I've bugged the issue about Apple Mail and sent to our engineers.

The Window Live issue, I'm unable to replicate. I'm able to upload with Windows Live via web client. If you send using the same email address via Apple mail, then there is fail ..
Wondering if there has been any progress on this - we are at a standstill on rolling out our camera club SmugMug website without this feature working reliably! One of our members uses Mac Mail with a POP account and has no problems, but those of us using IMAP on Mac Mail cannot send photos.
Would appreciate a fix! Thanks Rick
Old Apr-29-2012, 12:35 AM
rainforest1155 is offline rainforest1155
SmugMug Support Hero
I can assure you that the issue is reported and hasn't been forgotten about. While I wish I could give you some sort of timeline, I can't say when our engineers will be able to resolve the issue. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

look on the bright side
http://www.SebastianHosche.com
Tell The World!  
Tags
apple , e-mail upload , mac , mail