• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support Question: Is there any way to set the image settings to original only?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-12-2012, 06:24 PM
andyto is offline andyto OP
Beginner grinner
Question: Is there any way to set the image settings to original only?
Hello all,

I sort of do event photography and have noticed that my pictures have been ruined by the different image sizes. What I want is for my pictures to be downloaded as "Original" only. I upload them at about 1024x680 for each photo. The reason why I upload them at those dimensions is so that it could be uploaded quickly.
Old Apr-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Bicameral
Hello, and welcome. Are you offering downloads for sale? If so, then only offer the "Original" size downloads in your price list.
There is no other way to suppress or stop the display copy sizes we make from being shown. But if you want originals to be downloaded freely in your galleries, then you'd enable originals in your gallery settings and turn protection off. Then viewers will have a save photo icon when they hover over the main photo in a gallery.

As an aside, I'd love to see what you mean by example of a photo that is ruined by our display copies, can you share a link?
Old Apr-15-2012, 08:01 PM
andyto is offline andyto OP
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Hello, and welcome. Are you offering downloads for sale? If so, then only offer the "Original" size downloads in your price list.
There is no other way to suppress or stop the display copy sizes we make from being shown. But if you want originals to be downloaded freely in your galleries, then you'd enable originals in your gallery settings and turn protection off. Then viewers will have a save photo icon when they hover over the main photo in a gallery.

As an aside, I'd love to see what you mean by example of a photo that is ruined by our display copies, can you share a link?
Hello,

I am not offering my photos for sale. Aghh sounds like there's no other way to work around it. I'm paid by the venue and the pictures free to the public.

By me saying "pictures being ruined" is referring towards something like Instagram. When you post a picture saved off of Smugmug in the S settings, it makes it pixelated. What i'm trying to do is give my viewers only one way of downloading pictures in one size.
Old Apr-16-2012, 12:55 AM
rainforest1155 is offline rainforest1155
SmugMug Support Hero
As Andy said, you can offer free downloads. Just set the gallery to 'largest size' original and 'protected' no. Then visitors can download a photo via the save photo button as shown in method 1 here. That's always at the original size.

You could also include instructions on how to download in the gallery description of a gallery.

look on the bright side
http://www.SebastianHosche.com
Tell The World!